Just bought an H7600 and need VSIG setup help…

Home Forums Products Vsig and Preset Development Just bought an H7600 and need VSIG setup help…

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Knautic

Hello, 

I’ve been cruising around forums and manuals for the past couple of days but so far I haven’t been able to find the info I need. Here’s my situation: 

I bought the H7600 second hand from a guy who used it with VSIG. He included a USB to Serial adaptor and the cable he *thinks* he used to get it working. He seemed reasonably sure. He told me that it had been a couple of years since he ran VSIG so he couldn’t be totally sure. So he included a second cable ‘just in case’. So this is one potential curve ball… 

I’m running this all on a fairly new (1 year old?) Asus laptop. I’m using the cable he said was the right one. 

I’ve got the COM port for the USB/Serial adaptor set to 1 from the Device Manager in Windows and have all the settings here matching the settings that are on the H7600 and in the VSIG app itself.

When I select MIDI>Get Dbase from the menu. I get an irregularly flashing Clock with the arms moving (sorta randomly) with the word “MIDI” on it. Initally I thought this was a good thing, but it just goes on forever. I let it sit for 40+ mins one time and there didn’t seem to be any change.

So I spent Tuesday night gradually reducing the baud rate (in all three places) and waiting to see if anything different would happen. I got down to the lowest baud rate the 7600 would do and still got the same result. It ate hours and hours of my time 😐 

Can anyone chuck me a lifeline here? VSIG is a huge reason I bought this fella…. 

Thanks in advance for any tips you can bestow. 

-jt

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Sounds like you have a serial problem. You should try it with a different adaptor and cables.

Knautic

Hi! Thanks for the response. I updated the driver of my USB/Serial adaptor and I think I’m making headway. Now instead of going forever, Vsig now gives an error that my computer is low on memory–which is odd considering my computer is pretty tricked out. Can anyone offer advice on this bit of strangeness? Many thanks, again! 

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Please give the exact text of the error message (always). What were you doing when you got this message ?

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.