Just Upgraded my Mac to Sonoma 14.0 – Now Eventide Plug Ins won’t work

Home Forums Products Plug-Ins Just Upgraded my Mac to Sonoma 14.0 – Now Eventide Plug Ins won’t work

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      rashguitar
      Participant

Hello

I am recovering from a stroke and I am being encouraged to do as many Mental activities as I can to keep my brain active

I have updated my MacBook Pro to the Sonoma O/S and at first it wouldn’t let me get GarageBand running.

Got advice from Apple and it came back to life. Now I am getting round to using it and realise that my Eventide Plug Ins are not working and come up with an error – Cannot be Opened because the developer cannot be verified” message

I have Deleted them and reinstalled and activated with ILok (just one to start with) and I keep getting the same error.

Sorry but my head is now frazzled as I have been at it for 3 hours and don’t know what to do next.

Any advice please?\Thanks

jaymachado
      Participant

Ask any music professional (someone who actually makes $$ doing all this stuff): don’t upgrade your OS *until* you check that your key plugins are ready to go with a new version of the OS. Especially MAC OS! I made the PC to MAC jump a few years back, and when I updated to Catalina, I found out the hard way. I’m a hobbyist, so I just waited till the plugins caught up. which didn’t take too long. Don’t bang your head against this wall would be my advice. I know better this time, I am waiting for the all clear from Native Instruments before I head in. Here’s a useful resource:
      https://www.production-expert.com/apple-macos-sonoma-audio-compatibility-chart
      Oh wait —  I should’ve taken my own advice. and I quote:

All Eventide and Newfangled Audio plug-ins are compatible with macOS Sonoma.
      AAX, AU, VST2, and VST3 natively support Apple Silicon and Intel processors
      Important info for users running Intel machines or GarageBand under Rosetta: Eventide plug-ins cannot currently be opened in GarageBand 10.4.4 on macOS Big Sur, however they will open in GarageBand 10.4.5 on macOS Big Sur. Eventide plug-ins cannot currently be opened in GarageBand 10.4.4 and above on macOS Monterey and above. Please hold off updating GarageBand until this issue is resolved.

Windows 11: All Eventide and Newfangled Audio plug-ins are 64-bit only.

There may be some DAWs that do not yet support macOS Sonoma, so it is important to check your DAW’s website for compatibility info before updating.

tbskoglund
      Eventide Staff

Sorry for the plug-in issues you are having and I hope your recovery has been going well.

What version of GarageBand are you using and what is the exact error message you are getting? This may be a compatibility issue with certain macOS and GarageBand versions.

rashguitar
      Participant

Sorry for my delay, I am recovering from a stroke.

I am using 10.4.8 GarageBand.

Attachments:
      You must be logged in to view attached files.
        tbskoglund
        Eventide Staff

This is due to an issue with Intel Macs using GarageBand 10.4.4+ on macOS Monterey and above. We’re working on a fix for this.

Sorry for the inconvenience

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.