Kaspersky won’t let me install the new H9 plugin Bundle

Home Forums Products Plug-Ins Kaspersky won’t let me install the new H9 plugin Bundle

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author
      Marcel
      Participant
      Hi,

I try to run H9 Series Bundle Installer (Win 64-bit) but my Kaspersky Internet Security won’t let me, it removes the entire installer from my system. I add the report. 

Kaspersky sees trojans in the installer of this type:  Backdoor.Win32.Agent.

Any clues? I def trust Eventide, this is weird.

Marcel
      Participant

I managed to install plugins via the individual installers. This was successful exept for: Crystals, Undulator, Rotary Mod and Spring. These 4 installers appear to contain trojans of the type I mentioned earlier. Kaspersky doesn’t allow the installation because of that.

joeydego
      Participant

Can’t you just disable the AV for the installation?

Marcel
      Participant

I could do that, but I don’t want trojans in my system. Can’t Eventide clean the installers?

Marcel
      Participant

Are you an Eventide staff member?

tlongabaugh
      Eventide Staff

We believe this to be a false positive. I am investigating now.

tlongabaugh
      Eventide Staff

Ok, Kaspersky is flagging these installers (64-bit versions only) because it believes the .aaxplugin files are malware. They are not malware, and there is no Backdoor.Win32.Agent trojan in the binary.

We are submitting these to Kaspersky for whitelisting, although their web portal appears to be having problems at the moment.

joeydego
      Participant

Yay I can put my salt, pepper and ketchup away!

Marcel
      Participant
      Still had problems after installing the 4 mentioned plugins with Kaspersky disabled during installation.

Vst3 of Undulator and Rotary Mod gave alarming messages and Vst2 of Spring (and perhaps Crystals not sure about this) also.

In the end I installed Spring and Crystals with only vst3 (plus docs) checkboxed and Undulator and R-mod with only vst2 (plus docs) checkboxed.

Everything works now……

Not only the aax are flagged as trojans by Kaspersky.

tlongabaugh
      Eventide Staff

To follow up, I've been in touch with Kaspersky, and they've verified that the installers are false positives. It should be fixed in their next update.

I'll mention that they're also flagging other files inside of the installers. Interestingly, those VST files passed when I tried validating them on Kaspersky's online portal.

joeydego
      Participant
      Marcel wrote:

I could do that, but I don’t want trojans in my system. Can’t Eventide clean the installers?

There are no viruses in the installers. It is called a false positive. Not uncommon. Simply disable your AV and install. I promise it’s fine.

Marcel
      Participant
      tlongabaugh wrote:

We believe this to be a false positive. I am investigating now.

ok, thanks.

joeydego
      Participant
      Marcel wrote:

No. Installed yesterday and it passed AV here. No unusual activity, everything auto updates and scan after this post passed as well.

Marcel
      Participant
      joeydego wrote:
      Marcel wrote:

No. Installed yesterday and it passed AV here. No unusual activity, everything auto updates and scan after this post passed as well.

Ok. Still weird that Kaspersky Internet Security detects trojans. You probably have a different AV program. I add that a virus is not the same thing as a trojan, so an AV program might not detect these trojans. I await Eventide’s investigation of it.

joeydego
      Participant
      Marcel wrote:
      joeydego wrote:
      Marcel wrote:

Ok. Still weird that Kaspersky Internet Security detects trojans. You probably have a different AV program. I add that a virus is not the same thing as a trojan, so an AV program might not detect these trojans. I await Eventide’s investigation of it.

I understand and that’s cool. If this is actually a Trojan I will print and eat this post. FWIW I’m just using Windows defender.

Marcel
      Participant
      tlongabaugh wrote:

Ok, Kaspersky is flagging these installers (64-bit versions only) because it believes the .aaxplugin files are malware. They are not malware, and there is no Backdoor.Win32.Agent trojan in the binary.

We are submitting these to Kaspersky for whitelisting, although their web portal appears to be having problems at the moment.

Thanks for investigating it! I will install them while temporarily disabling my internet connection and Kaspersky.

Marcel
      Participant
      joeydego wrote:
      Yay I can put my salt, pepper and ketchup away!

Ha, ha, ha, indeed, no need for that now 🙂

tlongabaugh
      Eventide Staff
      Marcel wrote:

Thanks for investigating it! I will install them while temporarily disabling my internet connection and Kaspersky.

No problem, thanks for bringing it to our attention.

joeydego
      Participant
      Marcel wrote:
      Still had problems after installing the 4 mentioned plugins with Kaspersky disabled during installation.

Vst3 of Undulator and Rotary Mod gave alarming messages and Vst2 of Spring (and perhaps Crystals not sure about this) also.

In the end I installed Spring and Crystals with only vst3 (plus docs) checkboxed and Undulator and R-mod with only vst2 (plus docs) checkboxed.

Everything works now……

Not only the aax are flagged as trojans by Kaspersky.

Not that it has anything to do with the AV, but is there a reason you install both VST 2 and 3 versions of the same plugin?

Marcel
      Participant
      joeydego wrote:
      Not that it has anything to do with the AV, but is there a reason you install both VST 2 and 3 versions of the same plugin?

Just to be on the safe side. Problems with vst3’s are rare but happen. 

Marcel
      Participant
      tlongabaugh wrote:

To follow up, I’ve been in touch with Kaspersky, and they’ve verified that the installers are false positives. It should be fixed in their next update.

I’ll mention that they’re also flagging other files inside of the installers. Interestingly, those VST files passed when I tried validating them on Kaspersky’s online portal.

Thanks for the update.

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.