Killdry Changes via a Preset or MIDI

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Killdry Changes via a Preset or MIDI

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      oddb0d

Can Eventide consider adding the following to their next firmware update for the Pitchfactor (and possible the others).

1. A way to control the KillDry setting either at a preset level or via a MIDI message.

I have some real world examples of why this is useful and would love to see it. If an easy fix would make my life so much easier and save me a ton of money. With all 3 XFactors on my board it would help me save an expression pedal and some other tedious custom switchers.

Thanks for the consideration!

achaput

I'm not sure I know exactly what you want. Could you explain in more detail what you are trying to do?

oddb0d

Ok, so the MIX global setting where you can say KILLDRY so that it becomes 100% wet and then the MIX knob becomes in essence a volume knob right? Well I have my Pitchfactor set up in two configurations on my pedalboard. One is that it's in parallel with my main signal. I use the Crystals patch and have that in parallel. I would love to be able to use my one expression pedal to control the amount of crystals I have rather than have a volume pedal just to control that. I know I could set it to 100% WET for the MIX but it would be better to have KILLDRY on for that particular use and then have the expression control the amount of Crystals I get. I also have the pedal hooked up (via splitters and line mixers) to be in serial with my gutiar signal. So a part of the main guitar tone. This is for using things like the PitchFlex etc. In those cases I don't want the KILLDRY to be active I want the MIX knob to be working for the amount. It seems that you can only set the KILLDRY to be at a GLOBAL level which applies to all presets. I would like a way to either have the KILLDRY assigned to a preset to override the global setting or be able to control the KILLYDRY via  MIDI CC.

achaput

OK I understand now. Currently you can store presets at 100% wet, 50% wet etc, but you also want to be able to use PitchFactor as a volume pedal when it's 100% wet.

Yes unfortunately Killdry is a global parameter but I will add to the feature requests the ability to make Killdry 'per preset.'

in the meantime, are you using a mono setup? If so then you could try to take advantage of the fact that when stereo outputs are plugged in, Voice A goes to Output1 and Voice B goes to Ouput2. This means you could use the Pitch Mix knob as a volume control for Voice A on Output1 as you long as you have something plugged into both outputs. Just a thought…

Alan

oddb0d

Bingo you got it…. Thanks…. Regarding using the two inputs. I did try that, problem is that when I use both inputs the Crystals patch becomes only half of the sounds. It sounds very odd if I only use input 2 and output 2 and the input 1 has nothing coming into the PitchFactor. I was hoping that would work for me.

achaput

Yeah, you need both voices for that effect to sound right.

It sounds like you are a power user with a pretty serious set of requirements. Have you considered the Eventide Eclipse? It gives you so much control over things, it's astounding.

oddb0d

If you had the eclipse in a stombox 😉 Then yes I would… I am moving away from my rack and part of that was due to the fact your pedals have MIDI controls. I like the flexibility of a pedalboard but I love the preset one button push of a MIDI rig / rack. I thought I had hit the jackpot with my current rig using the TimeFactor, PitchFactor and ModFactor… 🙂 If you can get these enhancements in I shall be in heaven. Oh and the improved MIDI Expression response. That needs a bit of work. 🙂

I love the pedals by the way. So very cool. Great work.

achaput

Thanks, glad you like them!

There will be some software updates eventually so stay tuned.

Alan

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.