Korg A3 Preset?

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Korg A3 Preset?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      bmar137

Hi,

Does anyone know a Korg A3 or close to it preset on the H9?  Trying to match “Mysterious Ways.”  Thanks!  

brock
      Participant

I don’t believe that you’re going to get the entire preset chain from the A3 (“preset 76”) out of the H9.  SpaceTime should be able to cover the flanger, delay, and reverb.  Sculpt will get you the drive, and part-way to the critical auto-wah sound.  Q-Wah comes closer in that area, but the envelope shape isn’t quite right.

If there’s any other pedals that you can use – substituting for some segments of that sound – maybe I can help you to flesh out the rest of the multi-FX chain in the H9.  What’s your current setup?

bmar137

Brock,

Thanks for your reply.  I should have been more detailed with my post.  I am using two H9’s, a little bit of OD and a reverb.  I have one of my H9 pedals set to a delay (lost lunch preset) and with the other H9 I was trying to get close to that flanger/phaser sound the Edge has.  Is there a preset you recommend that can capture that part of his signal chain.  I tried the Q-Wah but I agree it isnt quite right.   Both my H9’s are maxed out.

Thank you for your help! 

brock wrote:

I don’t believe that you’re going to get the entire preset chain from the A3 (“preset 76”) out of the H9.  SpaceTime should be able to cover the flanger, delay, and reverb.  Sculpt will get you the drive, and part-way to the critical auto-wah sound.  Q-Wah comes closer in that area, but the envelope shape isn’t quite right.

If there’s any other pedals that you can use – substituting for some segments of that sound – maybe I can help you to flesh out the rest of the multi-FX chain in the H9.  What’s your current setup?

brock
      Participant

Got busy.  I did try out some Q-Wah options again.  I’m fairly sure that the original chain includes a downswept filter, PLUS a sync’ed flanger.  I suspect the 2nd half provides the upswept WOW.  I couldn’t quite get there in the intial attempts.  I can think of a few more possibilities using both H9’s … but I’d like to avoid that here.

Perhaps faking it with a negative flanger, plus adding 2nd level modulation?  A forced reset of an LFO waveform? Some Phaser configurations are distinctly filter-like. A reversed filter sweep with an expression pedal is doable, as a manual workaround. There are still quite a few more things to try out.  More to come.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.