Last Vsig 2 (pre-H9000) version?

Home Forums Products Vsig and Preset Development Last Vsig 2 (pre-H9000) version?

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      atarirob
      Participant

Hi all,

I am just wondering what the official latest version of VSigfile 2 is. I’ve been using a H8000FW for the last 6 months, and Vsigfile ver. 2.4.9.0 dated 2007 to assemble my algorithms.

This version is relatively stable and I’m very happy using it, but I was just wondering if there is a version newer than 2.4.9.0? The H9000 was released in 2017 and I find it hard to believe that Eventide would let Vsig languish for 10 years. There are a handful of modules for example that have no ‘Help on Module’ information available. I’ve also found a few ways to make it consistantly crash and have encountered some strange bugs when assembling larger ‘monolithic’ algorithms, like module i/o’s randombly disappearing and needing to be manually set to ‘Show All Fields’. Again, not huge issues. Nick did a fantastic job designing Vsig! But would be lovely to have a definitive Vsig 2 for users of older machines.

Thanks!

tbskoglund
      Eventide Staff

Hello,

2.4.9 is the latest official version and most likely the final version. All of the downloads for the legacy version of VSig can be found here: https://www.eventideaudio.com/downloads/?product=VSig

fiddlercrabseason
        Participant

…most likely the final version…

I’m curious as to why.  I’ve been holding out hope that H90 users might get to use that to do some home cookin some day.

tbskoglund
        Eventide Staff

The version of VSig being discussed here is the legacy version of the software for older products. VSig3 is the current version for H9000 owners.

I’m not confirming whether or not VSig will ever be available for the H90, but it wouldn’t be the older version of the software.

fiddlercrabseason
        Participant

Thanks for clarifying…  and keeping the dream alive 🙂

atarirob
      Participant

Thanks for the reply! Fair enough – I hope one day the old Vsig 2 is made open source, or at least updated one final time to add support for modules like ‘DLYSMP2’ or ‘SIMPSAMP’ for example, which currently have don’t function (‘Factor’ preset building blocks perhaps?). I’d love to see it put in the hands of those still using Orville’s, 7600’s, 8000’s, etc.

It’s a joy to use (I’ve actually had dreams about building algorithms in Vsig a few times!). There’s a certain definitiveness to using Vsig that I just don’t feel when I use other module-based apps like Reaktor or Max, where the program often becomes too large for it’s own good and the need to tweak the minutiae is always present – my ideas never feel totally realised. VSig (the old Harmonizer platform that started with the DSP4000) is almost perfect imo. Would be a massive treat for us still using the 8000 and below to get it open-source’d…I know many people still using Vsig with Orville’s, even 25 years later – they just aren’t outdated!

Anyway, thanks again for the reply (I actually stopped building a granular sampler/delay algo in Vsig to reply lol).

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.