Left footswitch stopped working

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Left footswitch stopped working

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      trumpet

My left footswitch has intermittently stopped responding. The red light doesn't come on and I cant switch to those presets or save to those presets

It can suddenly start working again for no reason. I have tried re-initialing, i have tried turning the power off and on again – It doesn't seem to respond to any of those actions.

I was on software version 2.x (version before 3 beta) and have held off updating because i didnt need to name presets.

I have updated to 3.5 now and have a whole new set of problems as well as this intermittent footswitch

As it stands my pedal is unusable –

zikamuricpe

Same here with middle switch on my ModFactor. Tried various reinstalations and reinitialisations, nothing helped. I'm afraid it is a hardware problem, but I can't remember doing anything unusual that would cause it. My workaround, pretty compromising and unsatisfying, was to place my presets to 1:1, 2:1, 3:1… positions, so that I don't need to press middle switch at all. Since I live in a country that has no authorised Eventide dealer nor service, I just don't know what to do.

wedelich
      Eventide Staff

Hi guys,

Please contact support@eventide.com

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Sorry guys – switches are mechanical items that can fail or break. If your unit is under warranty,  you should send it in to be fixed. If it is out of warranty or it is not possible to get it to a dealer you need a friend who is handy with a screwdriver and soldering iron. If you contact support@eventide.com, the nice man there will send some new switches for a modest fee ( or gratis if he is in a good mood ).

zikamuricpe

Thanks Nick, will do.

zikamuricpe

nickrose:

Sorry guys – switches are mechanical items that can fail or break. If your unit is under warranty,  you should send it in to be fixed. If it is out of warranty or it is not possible to get it to a dealer you need a friend who is handy with a screwdriver and soldering iron. If you contact support@eventide.com, the nice man there will send some new switches for a modest fee ( or gratis if he is in a good mood ).

Just want to say THANK YOU EVENTIDE for sending me new switches for my MF. Not only your products are superior on the market, but your customer service is efficient, kind and generous. Keep up the good work and once again – thank you very much.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.