legacy plug ins/settings not opening properly

Home Forums Products Plug-Ins legacy plug ins/settings not opening properly

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      import

Posted by pdqstudio

hi…

i LOVE these plug-ins! can’t ever remember being so happy to slap down the $$$ for something i was dying to have! from the 949 random setting to the omnipressor…great job eventide!

don’t know if anybody else is having this problem…

i’ve got v 1.0 of the legacy plug-ins set; running mac os 9.2.2 with pt 5.1.3 on a mix plus system…

no matter what i do, when ANY of the plug-ins load from a previously saved file, the settings are reset to the default settings. i have to save a setting file for each plug-in instance, and then when opening the song, i have to select the proper settings manually for each track…in addition, occasionally the omnipressor plug-in will behave as if in bypass until i recall the settings from the list (this is AFTER it was previously working in a mix)

any help/thoughts would be GREATLY appreciated 🙂

bob

import

Posted by Dan

Does this happen with all your plug ins, or only the Clockworks Legacy Bundle?

Dan

import

Posted by pdqstudio

hi dan…

this problem is with the eventide legacy plug-ins ONLY…all my other TDM plugs work fine…

bob

import

Posted by pdqstudio

dan…

i’ve isolated the problem to whenever protools reassigns dsp resources (reactivating/deactivating plug ins) although i have a large system (4 mix farm; 3 dsp farm cards) this happens fairly frequently. each time protools reassigns dsp, i have to open the respective eventide plug-ins; and move any control in the window…or recall the setting from the preset setting list. as you can imagine, this can be quite an inconvenience (especially if you forget to check the settings after the file is opened or dsp is reassigned) for now, i believe the only solution is to automate all settings on the eventide plug-ins (although this isn’t convenient, either)

after some testing, i found the only way to duplicate the problem was to have enough tdm plug-ins used so the program is forced to re-assign dsp…on my setup this duplicates the problem each time. if i had a mix that didn’t require re-assigning of dsp, the problem does not occur. since my main job is mixing, the possibility of a mix not needing to occasionally have it’s dsp reassigned is pretty remote…it’s a routine part of opening most every mix (which will usually involve anywhere from 30-50 tracks with dozens of tdm plug-in instances)

hope this info helps…

bob

import

Posted by Dan

It took a little while, but I have confirmed this problem. What is happening is that when protools shuffles around the plug-ins it retains the knob values but it isn’t updating the DSP with those values. We will be working on a fix for it and expect to have that out in the next couple of weeks. We will post it on the forum and send an email to all registered users when we have that for you.

In the meantime thank you,
      Dan

import

Posted by Dan

This bug has been fixed in Clockworks Legacy Version 1.1 which is now available for download at http://ftp.missingtoast.com/pdemo/Clockworks_Legacy.sit

Thank You,
      Dan

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.