Line 6 Helix and the H9 Stereo vs Mono

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Line 6 Helix and the H9 Stereo vs Mono

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      WithALoudNoise
      Participant

Hey all! Happy to say my H9 is on the way to be added to my pedal board. Because sometimes (in the studio) I will run in stereo I want to have it all hardwired on the pedal board for either mono (live) or stereo (studio) settings. If I have the L and R ins and outs wired to the Helix via FX send/return 1 and 2, I am assuming that I can just set my patch to use just FX send/return 1 for mono applications and use 1 and 2 stereo for studio patches?

I just want to make sure that having the H9 L and R inputs wired all the time will not cause issues with only hearing half the signal in mono situations…?

I hope I am making sense. Thanks all for any of your input (no pun intended)

Michael

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

I fear it may not be so easy. The H9 decides whether you are running mono or stereo depending on what jacks are in the appropriate sockets. So, if you want to (say) run in mono, you will have to unplug the second input and output. While this is obviously possib;le, it may not be what you seek.

WithALoudNoise
      Participant

while its not what i was hoping for, thanks for a timely response. my thought at this point is, when the Helix sums the signal back to mono from returns 1 and 2 will it sound ok? guess i will just try it. at this point, most of my playing is done in mono so maybe just leaving the second channel out is best. do both the input and output of channel 2 need to be pulled out or just the input? thanks again!

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

If you want total mono, you should remove both in2 and out2. But, if you're going to mix out1 and  out2, you could leave them in.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.