Line 6 Helix as midi controller?

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Line 6 Helix as midi controller?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      ericmb
      Participant

hi all, 

The new line 6 looks Ok, can be used for re amping etc etc. It has got a midi controller thing going and Im pretty new to MIDI. If I get one I might not need to get a MIDI controller Im thinking. 

Does anyone know if it can be used to control the H9? I ve read the manual but not skilled enough I reckon. 

Thanks, 

Eric

knewman
      Participant

Wow, I can’t believe you have not received any responses for this question. Yes, the Helix can control the H9, there are videos on youtube particularly this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hVKeDCX_VQc&feature=youtu.be ; The issue is that the MIDI implementation is not all there yet. There are a few glaring holes like no time sync or the capability to assign more than one MIDI command to a footswitch. I am sure these issues will be addressed soon.

ericmb
      Participant

hello mister,

Thanks for your reply! In the end I didnt buy a Helix just yet, its price is out of order. I reckon its got some hype attached to it. The price went up 400aud overnight in Australia. I ve got a Boss ES 5 coming as we speak, that ll do. I ll probably come back with some questions once I receive that. Im a MIDI virgin.

Thanks againg for replying.

Eric

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.