Line 6 Helix to H9 Max MIDI issue

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Line 6 Helix to H9 Max MIDI issue

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      WithALoudNoise
      Participant

Hey all,

Glad to finally have an H9 on my pedal board.  I have connected it to the Line 6 Helix via the FX Loop 1 and also connected Helix MIDI out to the H9 MIDI in.  I am getting very strange behavior when the MIDI cable is connected.  When I disconnect it, the behavior stops.

When the MIDI is connected, the H9 output volume is incredibly low, but the input volume is good.  I have to set the Helix FX Loop Input and Output to +6Db and set the patch on the H9 output level to +20dB.  It is still very quiet.

As soon as I disconnect the MIDI cable from the Helix the behavior completely stops and the output level on the H9 is right where it should be. I have to set the FX loop input and output levels back to 0 and set the H9 output level back to 0 otherwise to quote Huey Lewis…”It’s just too darn loud”.

Any ideas what the heck is happening? 

Thanks for the input!

Michael

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Unless you have some unknown to science ground loop, I would have to say it depends on what MIDI messages are being sent to the H9, which are beyond my knowledge or control. Sorry.

WithALoudNoise
      Participant

My bad, I was sending bank change with program change. Once I switched to a new MIDI channel and fixed that everything started working correctly.

cacibi
      Participant

Man…I was having the same issue. Thanks for having the same pain at the same time!

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.