Linking factor pedals together

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Linking factor pedals together

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author

Hi

Newb to the forum so be gentle lol.

Bought a pitchfactor 2 weeks ago and was so blown away by the quality, ease of use and above all, the SOUND that I sold my axefx ultra, and with the proceeds bought a modfactor, a timefactor and a second hand evh wolfgang. Really pleased with my purchases, and revelling in the sound. Makes the  axefx sound horribly sterile.

Just wondering, is it possible to connect the 3 pedals together via midi, then utilise an expression pedal connected to one of them (say for example connected to the timefactor) to actually control any of the 3 pedals depending on how youve set the presets up.

Just wondering, it would save me having to rig up 3 expression pedals on my pedal board.

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Glad you like it – I'll try and be gentle ..

You won't be able to do what you want without some extra MIDI wizardry (you can make the first one control the second, but the second won't then control the third – needs a real pedal to send).

But, if you can make cables (or know someone who can), make a 3-way Y-lead, so your pedal will plug into all three – this should then work as you hope.

wedelich
      Eventide Staff

Hi sheguitarplayer,

To add to what Nick said, it is possible to have one master pedal and two slaves connected in series via MIDI.   The master has the expression pedal physically plugged into it, and needs to have its MIDI output set to XMT with EXP sent over  a MIDI CC of your choice.  The middle slave in the chain should have it's MIDI output set to THRU, and both slaves need to be set to map the MIDI CC to EXP. 

Using the XMT MAP on the master and RCV MAP on the slaves you should also be able to use the master to change presets via MIDI Program Change on the two slaves.  You can map your own presets any way you like.  The expression pedal assignments will be still be locally applied on a per preset basis.  

I do this in my personal setup, and use the Pitchfactor as the master MIDI controller.  I only have one expression pedal on my board (plugged into the PF) and find that this setup works very well.  If you search the forums for this topic or something like "expression pedal over MIDI," you'll find some detailed instructions on how to set this up that I wrote a year or so ago. 

-Russ  

cretacci

I have a TF and MF and control them both with a Midi Moose.  You have to set the first effect's midi output to Thru.  This allows the Midi Moose (or whatever you use) to pass the midi program changes to the second effect.  It works flawlessly.  The learn mode on the midi program rcv section of the Eventides make programming simple.  If you want your midi controller program #1 to add a delay (assuming the TF is the second effectt) you would program the MF to bypass when program #1 is selected and th TF to activate the bank and program that has the delay setting you want.  At the same time I am also changing amp channels on my Mark V with the same midi controller and a Voodoo Labs Control Switcher.

cretacci

I use a Midi Moose to control both a TF and MF.  I have the MF first in the chain then the TF.  I set the Midi out of the MF to thru to allow midi program changes to pass to the TF.  The learn mode of the Eventides make programming simple.  If I select prg #1 on my Mid Moose, it will engage a chorus preset but bypass the effects on the TF.  If I select prg #4 on the Midi Moose, it will bypass the MF and select a delay preset on the TF.

Thanks for all the rplies guys. Got them working well together doing everything I want now.

I had never tried eventide effects before and am amazed at how much more 'professional' they sound than any other fx Ive tried. 

Ive got the opportunity of buying an eclipse at a very good price. Is there anything it can do (apart from built in distortions, not really interested in them) that the stompboxes cant? Im a little confused you see as from my understanding, running both a 'modfactor' and a 'timefactor'  algorithm on the eclipse would be possible but not so with a pitch algorithm as well.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.