List of Preset values for Mod and Time Factor

Home Forums Products Stompboxes List of Preset values for Mod and Time Factor

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 21 reply threads
  • Author
      fkalich
      Participant

Hi:  I have all three items, and like the fact that a list of all parameter values for  50 presets are provided for the  Pitchfactor.

http://www.eventide.com/~/media/Files/Audio%20Support/PitchFactor/Everyone/PitchFactor_PresetsSettings.ashx

However only 20 for the  Modfactor and 10 for the Timefactor are provided anywhere that I can find.  Can I get  a list of parameter values for all 50 presets for the Modfactor and Timefactor?

Thanx!

eromusic

I have recently requested the same thing from customer service and was told it doesn't exist. However, someone at Eventide obviously created these new presets, so such a list must exist somewhere in the organization. It seems to me that it would be fairly easy for them to find this and post it on their support page for customers.

Ed O'Donnell

zikamuricpe

+ 1

fkalich
      Participant

Yes, either that or figure it out.  Some may no realize how helpful this could be.  I know you can save settings to your computer, but only in a black box sense.   To archive you presets, or rearrange  them, sure, that is a great tool.  However not showing the parameter settings in the tool is a major limitation. In order to save anything to the pedal, you have to overwrite something.  And with 50 presets, we can't be expected to fully evaluate them immediately, it just would be really helpful if we had hard paper copy to return to to decide over time which of these presets has interest for us.  That info has to exist somewhere.  At least in code.   Although I find it hard to believe that a hard copy does not exist somewhere outside of code.  But even if it is in the code, it may be documented there, and easily reproduced for our consumption.

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

We're working on it. It's a touch harder than you might imagine because these presets are all tuned by ear, and there is not always a direct correlation between the accessible numbers and the displayed parameters, so a lucky person has to go through every preset with catchup on and write them down. Lots of great jobs here at Eventide…..

fkalich
      Participant

Looking forward to it when you produce it.   I understand tedium, as a software engineer by trade, I can say my greatest skill and experience lies in tedium. Thanks for mentioning Catchup.

Regarding Catchup, when I read the manual and reached Catchup I  thought  "Not sure what this means, I will get back to this later".   I would go with something more like "Catchup set to yes allows one to see the parameter values of existing presets on the pedal screen, and to incrementally change these existing  values", and then go on from there.

Just my opinion, not being critical,  I realize that documentation is a difficult task.

zikamuricpe

That's why software editor would be much better solution – it could make lucky person from Eventide even luckier, and all us Factor users too Wink

next factor release they should have user manual re-write feature.Wink

EdDrake
      Participant

i've asked for this as well and I've recently been wondering if this is something the forum community here could do on it's own. I only own the TIme Factor but I could offer to reload all of the factory presets back on my TF and pick a bank and sit there with Catchup on and write down the parameters for that bank. If enough people pitched in and each person picked a different bank we could eventually get all of the preset parameters written down so people would have them and one person wouldn't have to do all of the work. Obviously since I only own the TF I can't contribute to the mod or Pitch Factor presets but other folks could do that.

If Eventide wants to double check behind us and make sure the parameters we find are correct, we could submit them first and at least this would give them a head start and they wouldn't have to start from scratch.

Of course if Eventide is about to release all of the preset parameters anyway then this is a moot point but if it's not going to happen any time soon is this worth pursuing? 

Ed

achaput
      EdDrake
      Participant

Thanks!!

Hopefully this is a sign that the release of the new public beta software is imminent.

Thanks again!

eromusic

Thank you to the folks at Eventide who put these lists together. As helpful as these are, however, there is some very useful information that is missing. I would like to suggest that the following information be added for each patch: (a) Patch Name, (b) Description, and (c) the default parameter controlled by the expression pedal.

Also, it would be very helpful if these listing were in a user friendly file format, such as Excel .xls. The PDF files posted can only be read and printed. An Excel file would allow users to add comments, sort, change descriptions, etc., all of which would be helpful in keeping things organized.

Please don't take this as a criticism. I love the sound of these boxes – I just wish the documentation for them was a bit more thorough.

Ed O'Donnell

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

The patch name and description can be found in the Preset Manual. They was probably not room on the line to add them and the writer didn't want it to be too big (I'm guessing).

There is actually no default pedal parameter concept. A given preset may or may not have pedal functionality. Again, adding pedal info would make it bigger and harder to read.

You can copy and paste from these PDFs. Any other file format might be less useful – for example not everyone has Excel, especially on Macs.

The next version of FactorLib will probably address most of your issues here.

eromusic

The Preset Manuals haven't been updated for the new presets. They only contain information for the original factory presets. It would be very helpful if the Preset Manuals were updated. Also, most of the original factory presets had expression pedal assignments. It would be helpful to know what those assignments are for the new presets.

I agree that the new version of FactorLib will likely address these issues, but when will this be available?

fkalich
      Participant

That was a good idea, I was going to volunteer to do 10 myself and post them, and with just 6 others doing the same, the missing 70 would have been available.  However now I see Eventide had responded.  Muchoa Gracias Eventide!   But Ed did have a great idea, that we just take the initiative ourselves.

fkalich
      Participant

As my last post flashed on the screen, I think I saw Muchoas or something like that.  Please edit the correction to Muchas, I think I sound like an idiot, which may be accurate, however even so I still don't want to advertise that fact.

Reckedtrek

I would like to send a big "Thank you!!" to the folks at Eventide… Your support of the Factor line continues to be top notch and I just wanted to let you know it *is* appreciated. Big Smile    …..can't wait for the new SW beta to come out for the TF and MF!!!! Woooo Hoooo!

zikamuricpe

Yeah it was a great idea and I did the first 20 presets from TF and posted them months ago (http://forum.eventide.com/cs/forums/p/6040/27934.aspx#27934), but unfortunately wihout any feedback. Anyway thanks to people from Eventide this problem is finally solved. Thanks again!

I would also like to thank the folks at Eventide for great
      support,  I find most of the comments on this thread petty, with who wants
      to re-write the verbiage in the manual, who wants patch names listed on the
      preset list ( what use would the name on list do for you).  I don't think
      I ever cared what the settings were in a preset, if a like it I use, if I don't
      I tweak it, save it, and move on.  You want to know what setting the
      expression pedal has on a patch, well move the pedal you will see it on the display,
      better yet you will hear it.

I would rather see these guys work on things that really matter,
      like the new SW beta and the likes.

Again thanks Eventide keep up the great work.

eromusic

Sorry, but there's nothing "petty" about trying to keep track of 300 presets on three different Stompboxes (TF, MF & PF).  Eventide should give its customers the tools they need to stay organized… 

EdDrake
      Participant

eromusic:

Eventide should give its customers the tools they need to stay organized… 

I think if patience can be applied here it sounds like most if not all of what you are asking for is right around the corner when the beta and the new version of the Factor Lib arrive. Hang in there. 

Until the Factor pedals can actually display the patch names then I don't see how having them on the preset list really changes anything other than helping you organize them on paper.

I'm really hoping when the next version of the Factor lib arrives it will allow us to name the patches and organize them in Factor Lib itself and when we download the patches to our pedals the patch names will magically be there but I can't tell if that's the way it's going to work or not. 

Hey Eventide feel like sending us a few new teasers on what we can expect when the new software(s) arrive?

Keep up the great work in the meantime!

Hi Guys,

Is there a place where users share personal settings they have come up with?

Thanks,   David

Viewing 21 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.