Live solo ambient guitar tonight w/SPACE and Pitchfactor, streaming…

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Live solo ambient guitar tonight w/SPACE and Pitchfactor, streaming…

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 11 reply threads
  • Author
      Har
      Participant

I'll be doing a live solo long-form ambient guitar improv performance tonight on my weekly online radio show, Nightscaping, on Stillstream.com – and will be featuring my new SPACE along with my Pitchfactor.

I'll be using my Strat, the Pitchfactor, SPACE and an array of other units – no synths or MIDI, just the guitar processed to death beyond recognition. 🙂

If you'd like to listen in, it'll be starting tonight at 6:30pm EDT at http://www.stillstream.com

Thanks!
      –Har

Har
      Participant

In case anyone would like to hear it, I have the live set now available to download from the Stillstream Archives at the link below (57 minutes – yep, it's long-form ambient soundscaping all right! Wink).

Everything heard is just my Strat being played, hyper-processed and looped in real-time, with no synths, MIDI, etc. The SPACE – in conjunction with the PitchFactor – really took everything to the next level for creating huge, expansive sonic landscapes. Smile

Enjoy!

http://stillstream.com/assets/2011-03-27-Har_Live_On_Nightscaping.mp3

guitarlesson

In my time shooting and producing documentaries, I would easily have paid for the use of this track.

badmelonfarmer
      Participant

57 minutes of live ambient guitar??Surprise respect!

cool, just listening to it now…good stuff

Space is really an ambient players dream unit.

Har
      Participant

guitarlesson:

In my time shooting and producing documentaries, I would easily have paid for the use of this track.

Thanks! Hey, if you ever have a need for such things again, let me know….  ðŸ˜‰

Har
      Participant

badmelonfarmer:

57 minutes of live ambient guitar??Surprise respect!

cool, just listening to it now…good stuff

Space is really an ambient players dream unit.

Thanks! 🙂

(actually, this set was a little shorter than usual for me… LOL)

Indeed, Space is simply an incredible tool for atmospheric textures – and there's so much flexibility available in there under the hood to really come up with some unique sounds.

What I also really love about it is how well it stacks with other effects, both before and after! I had my Pitchfactor back behind it in the effects chain and it's amazing the types of hybrid, complex tones and textures you can get that way.

During this particular set I had Space immediately after my Boss DD-20, which I use as my main stereo looper (23 stereo seconds of delay makes for some nice Fripp-esque looping that slowly changes over time as it fades).

But I wanna try experimenting next with reversing that order, so the DD-20 takes the "completed" tone coming out of Space and then loops that…that way I can change the presets on Space and add new different sounding layers into the loop, rather than having the sound of the loop itself change drastically each time I change the preset on Space itself.

(Of course, another solution would be to have TWO Space units, one each before and after the looper… LOL)

DGillespie
      Eventide Staff

Hey Har,

Thanks for the link, really nice listening.

Har
      Participant

DGillespie:

Hey Har,

Thanks for the link, really nice listening.

My pleasure Dan, thanks for listening! 🙂

datguytim

Very nice, Har!  I've been dreaming up similar soundscapes for when my Space arrives – it's exciting to hear it put to good use!

Har
      Participant

datguytim:

Very nice, Har!  I've been dreaming up similar soundscapes for when my Space arrives – it's exciting to hear it put to good use!

Thanks! 🙂

You're definitely gonna love it when yours arrives – it looks like there's just so many sonic possibilities that it opens up.

I'm planning on spending some serious quality-time with it this weekend – as much as everyone keeps raving about the Blackhole and Shimmer algos (and I do love them myself!)…I get this feeling that there's some real interesting potential waiting to be tapped with the TremoloVerb one. It seems like it was kind of under-represented by the presets that shipped with Space aside from some  that seemed to focus on random/gargling kind of tones; I imagine it can be really useful for creating some very interesting musically rhythmic textures as well.

beautiful, cheers

Har
      Participant

reincarnationblues:

beautiful, cheers

Thanks!  🙂

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.