- This topic is empty.
January 14, 2012 at 3:35 am #108328
On my TimeFactor, only in bank 10, when I switch to the second present (from 10a to 10b) there is a very loud pop. This does not happen in any other bank or preset.
January 16, 2012 at 5:07 pm #123047
Which software version is your TimeFactor running?
January 16, 2012 at 8:10 pm #123048
I am sure it is the latest. My TimeFactor is brand new, and it has 50 banks. I used the USB and rearranged some presets and set it to banks 1-20.
January 16, 2012 at 8:50 pm #134156
Just to be sure of the software version, do the following:
1. Enter system mode by pressing and holding the encoder and right footswitch simultaneously
2. Turn the Encoder until the screen reads UTILITY
3. Press the Encoder
4. Turn the Encoder until the screen reads SW VER
5. Press the Encoder
6. The screen will read out the whatever version of the SW is running.
So which one is it? Also are these your own presets or the re-arranged presets making the click, or the original factory 10:1 and 10:2 presets?
January 17, 2012 at 2:01 am #134157
It is Version 3.0.0 
The preset was Factory 6:1 Schizo Delay which I moved to 10:2. The only preset change to make this pop is going from 10:1 to 10:2. I do not think 6:1 had an issue, but I just don't remember for sure.
[Very cool, I just discovered my version will do the scroll down! Love my TF!!!!]
January 17, 2012 at 7:59 pm #134160
Ok thanks. I'll check it out. A few more things:
1. Is it reproducible? Does it always pop, or only when there is audio running through the pedal?
2. If it is reliably reproducible, can you provide steps so we can test?
January 18, 2012 at 1:06 am #134161
I'm not completely clear on these questions. I'll state as the following:
1) The only issue is getting from preset 10:1 to 10:2. There is no pop (for examples) going from 9:1 to 10:2, 11:2 to 10:2, etc.
2) The pop occurs the first time I go from 10:1 to 10:2. If I go back to 10:1 from 10:2 and then go to 10:2 again it does not pop.
3) There are no issues in getting to any other presets. I can get to 10:1 with no issue.
4) The only problem is going from 10:1 to 10:2, and only the first time once in the bank.
January 18, 2012 at 1:44 am #134162
I was wondering what you meant by "Does it always pop, or only when there is audio running through the pedal." It is a very loud audio pop, something you'd initially think is a switch problem. The pop occurs when I hit the middle switch; switching to preset 10:2 it pops once. But as I just noted above, it does not repeat, nor does it happen any other time this switch us used; so it isn't the switch itself, I wouldn't think. Thanks
January 24, 2012 at 5:57 pm #134186
I meant, does there have to be an input signal (playing guitar, guitar ringing out, etc) present to hear the pop? Furthermore, does it pop when you change this preset when there is no input signal (not playing guitar)? OR even, does it pop when you change the preset when there is no physical cord plugged into the input?
January 26, 2012 at 3:39 am #134190
OK, thank you. I specifically checked these:
1) it does pop with no guitar signal (guitar silent)
2) it does pop with guitar volume turned full down
3) it does pop with guitar signal present
4) it does pop with no cord connected to the input of the TF
January 31, 2012 at 8:31 pm #134195
I can reproduce this, so I'm looking into it. I'll try my best to get a fix for this in the upcoming beta release.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.