macOS 11 Big Sur Support Info

Home Forums Products Plug-Ins macOS 11 Big Sur Support Info

Viewing 19 reply threads
  • Author
      tlongabaugh
      Eventide Staff

Update on 10/15/2021:

Eventide plug-ins now ship with M1 support for AU, VST2, and VST3 formats. AAX remains Intel-only, due to Pro Tools not yet supporting M1 natively.

Update on 2/22/2021:

Eventide plug-ins are compatible with macOS Big Sur on Intel-based Macs, and M1-based Macs using Rosetta. Eventide plug-ins do not yet offer native M1 support.

To use Eventide plug-ins on an M1 Mac, you may need to launch your DAW under Rosetta (right-click the application icon, select “Get Info” and then select “Open using Rosetta”).

Note that many DAWs do not yet support macOS Big Sur, so it is important to check your DAW’s website for compatibility info before updating.

Please check back here regularly for up to date information about M1-based Mac compatibility.

Update on 12/9/2020:

Eventide plug-ins are compatible with macOS Big Sur on Intel-based Mac computers. However, new Mac computers with Apple M1 (ARM-based) processors are not yet officially supported.

Note that many DAWs do not yet support macOS Big Sur, so it is important to check your DAW’s website for compatibility info before updating.

Please check back here regularly for up to date information about M1-based Mac compatibility

Initial Announcement on 11/11/2020:

Apple is expected to release macOS 11 Big Sur on 11/12/2020.

At the moment, our plugins are not currently supported on macOS 11. We have been testing macOS compatibility throughout the Big Sur beta program, and there are several known issues that we are working on resolving.

While we expect to be fully compatible soon, at the moment we recommend waiting to upgrade to macOS Big Sur if you are using Eventide plugins. Please check back here regularly for up to date information about compatibility.

oli4k

Does this also affect the H9 Control application?

oli4k

Does this also affect H9 Control?

Moleman
      Participant

I am also curious if this affects H9 Control.  I have the H9 Max and no external plugin packages. 

tlongabaugh
      Eventide Staff

We've tested H9 Control's basic functions and haven't noticed any major issues in the app itself. There may be some non-critical errors during installation, if performing a fresh install of H9 Control on Big Sur. It will likely be okay to upade to Big Sur, but we cannot yet guarantee that it will be 100% compatible.

Ian4924

Hi – can I infer then, that if I already have H9 Control installed and I then upgrade to Big Sur, there shouldn’t be errors?  Or does Eventide still recommend waiting?

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

We’ve tested H9 Control’s basic functions and haven’t noticed any major issues in the app itself. There may be some non-critical errors during installation, if performing a fresh install of H9 Control on Big Sur. It will likely be okay to upade to Big Sur, but we cannot yet guarantee that it will be 100% compatible.

[/quote]

joecozzi
        Eventide Staff
        Ian4924 wrote:

Hi – can I infer then, that if I already have H9 Control installed and I then upgrade to Big Sur, there shouldn’t be errors?  Or does Eventide still recommend waiting?

We recommend waiting. Even though H9 Control is NOT giving us errors in Big Sur, many plug-in manufacturers, including Eventide, are recommending to wait more time for all their products to become compatible.

tmukherjee
      Participant

Is there any update about when Eventide plug-ins will work with Mac OS Big Sur? Thanks.

joecozzi
      Eventide Staff

No not yet. Please Wait to Update to macOS 11 Big Sur.

This is the latest announcement:

Apple released the new macOS 11 Big Sur. We have been testing macOS compatibility throughout the Big Sur beta program, and at the moment are not yet fully compatible. While we expect to be fully compatible soon, we recommend waiting to upgrade to macOS Big Sur if you are using Eventide plugins.

Any news?

thanks,  Don

joecozzi
      Eventide Staff

We are in the process of making it official, but we are compatible with Intel Big Sur. Currently, we aren't fully compatible with M1 Macs (the new ARM/Apple Silicon macs

tmukherjee
      Participant

Does this mean that we have to download and install all new versions of the plugins that are now compatible with Mac OS 11 Big Sur? Thanks.

joecozzi
        Eventide Staff
        tmukherjee wrote:

Does this mean that we have to download and install all new versions of the plugins that are now compatible with Mac OS 11 Big Sur? Thanks.

All the installers on the site are compatible. Older installations may work, but people should update to be safe.

Terrific.  thank you.

Don

tlongabaugh
      Eventide Staff

The initial post has been amended with up-to-date information regarding compatibility.

rdlyon
      Participant

Hi, any more upto date news about compatibility with apple silicon?

I just bought a mac mini m1 and its great but i hadn’t realised how few companies have updated their software.

So i would love to get some good news from you. 🙂

joecozzi
      Eventide Staff

As of today, there is no new information.

Sieber
      Participant

Any news about M1 plug-in compability on both Event ude and Newfangled?

Best Lucas

tlongabaugh
        Eventide Staff

Hi,

At the moment, no. M1 compatibility under Rosetta is not far off – we are currently finishing testing. Native M1 support will not come until later in the year.

tlongabaugh
        Eventide Staff

We’ve completed testing, and Eventide plugins are now supported on M1 Macs under Rosetta.

Sieber
      Participant

Hi tlongabaugh

The plugins validate fine here on my M1 Macbook Pro, but they dont show up in Logic Pro, even after a restart?

Only plugin I can get to work is Undulate

best Lucas

tlongabaugh
        Eventide Staff

Hey, we’ve been seeing some reports of this problem, following the below steps seem to fix it:

1. Close Logic Pro X
        2. Make sure Finder is the active application
        3. While holding the Option key, click on the Go menu at the top of your screen and select Library
        4. Delete the following files from your User Library, if they are present:
          1. ~/Library/Caches/com.apple.audiounits.cache
          2. The contents of ~/Library/Caches/AudioUnitCache/
          3. ~/Library/Preferences/com.apple.audio.InfoHelper.plist
          4. ~/Library/Preferences/com.apple.audio.SandboxHelper.plist
        5. Then, open a Terminal window (Applications -> Utilities -> Terminal), and enter the following commands (type each command and press “Enter” afterwards)
          1. killall -9 cfprefsd
          2. killall -9 AudioComponentRegistrar
        6. Restart Logic Pro X
        Sieber
        Participant
        tlongabaugh wrote:

Hey, we’ve been seeing some reports of this problem, following the below steps seem to fix it:

1. Close Logic Pro X
        2. Make sure Finder is the active application
        3. While holding the Option key, click on the Go menu at the top of your screen and select Library
        4. Delete the following files from your User Library, if they are present:
          1. ~/Library/Caches/com.apple.audiounits.cache
          2. The contents of ~/Library/Caches/AudioUnitCache/
          3. ~/Library/Preferences/com.apple.audio.InfoHelper.plist
          4. ~/Library/Preferences/com.apple.audio.SandboxHelper.plist
        5. Then, open a Terminal window (Applications -> Utilities -> Terminal), and enter the following commands (type each command and press “Enter” afterwards)
          1. killall -9 cfprefsd
          2. killall -9 AudioComponentRegistrar
        6. Restart Logic Pro X

I got my plugins back! heart

Thanks it worked like a charm 😀

Best Lucas

StefVR
      Participant

Still no news on universal app release? It’s nearly a year now the M1 got released.

tlongabaugh
        Eventide Staff
        StefVR wrote:
        Still no news on universal app release? It’s nearly a year now the M1 got released.

As of now, we have no new updates for native M1 support.

Sieber
        Participant
        tlongabaugh wrote:
        StefVR wrote:

Do you even work on a port? It would be really great to know that plugins paid for with real money worked optimal 🙂

tlongabaugh
        Eventide Staff
        Sieber wrote:
        tlongabaugh wrote:
        StefVR wrote:

Do you even work on a port? It would be really great to know that plugins paid for with real money worked optimal 🙂

Yes, we have been working on a port, and realize it’s taking quite a while. Everything is ready to go except our copy protection, which we expect to have ironed out shortly.

tlongabaugh
      Eventide Staff

M1 Macs are now natively supported.

Sieber
      Participant

Amazing 😍

Sieber
      Participant

Ohh snap… how about Newfangled Audio?

DGillespie
        Eventide Staff

Hey Guys,

Yeah, the NFA plug-ins are all Apple Silicon Native as well, though I am not planning on putting out the official releases until later this week.  If you want them before that email me at support at newfangled audio dot com.

Dan

Viewing 19 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.