Make Modfactor, Pitchfactor swith work like Space

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Make Modfactor, Pitchfactor swith work like Space

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 12 reply threads
  • Author
      dafonk
      Participant

Hi,

is it possible for the modfactor switchs to have the same behaviour as Space ?
      Center and Right knob : Up/Down preset
      Left knob : Active/Inactive

Thank you

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

We're thinking about it – depends on what people want …

timothyhill

Just my opinion, and I've said as much before… I can see good things about both paradigms and I don't really have a preference, but…

What I'd really like is for all 4 Factors to work the same way.

EdDrake
      Participant

I've suggested this before but does it have to be one or the other? In other words is it possible that we can choose between the two options, maybe have it in the system settings as an option and we can pick the way we want the switches to behave?

Thanks!

caveman
      Participant

I can't give up the existing two presets available as the TF is now.  Wouldn't mind a settable system option, though.

badmelonfarmer
      Participant

I think i do prefer the way Space works, i can see how the 2 banks in one view would be good for some people, less foot taps if you want to go between two settings in one song.

I agree that it should be consistent either way.

an option for either way would be good and keep most people happy.

personally not really an issue for me as I use a MIDI controller these days to control my effects.

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

It probably has to work one way or the other – I can see endless confusion otherwise if the way it works is defined by an invisible config thingy.

And, of course, twice as much maintenance and testing and Customer Support work for us …

badmelonfarmer
      Participant

Hmm, I Have a feeling that there is no right or wrong answer here…. You are gonna upset someone LOL.

Its just one of those things, can't keep everyone happy.

achaput

If you have Space and another Factor pedal you could have them select Presets on each other via MIDI. Then you have the choice of both interfaces at the same time.

guitarlesson

That's what I do. The MIDI ports are the reason I bought my TF and MF. Connecting a MIDI controller frees me to use the 3 buttons on each exclusively for looping, tap tempos, etc.

guitarlesson

…not exactly what you were suggesting, but YES! MIDI!  Smile

MarcoR
      Participant

achaput:

If you have Space and another Factor pedal you could have them select Presets on each other via MIDI. Then you have the choice of both interfaces at the same time.

The problem is, when changing presets on Space you have a ridiculous lag time that will ruin it for your other factor pedals.

roverdog
      Participant

I've had my PF for a year and a half so I'm used to the way the switches work on that.  I just received the Space and I'm fine with the way the switches work on that also but I do like having two presets available with one tap going between the two, instead of having to tap twice to change presets, like on the Space.

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.