Making a Space talk to a Strymon Timeline via midi

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Making a Space talk to a Strymon Timeline via midi

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      blackvomit

Bear with me here a bit, this is my first attempt at anything regarding midi. I just got a One Control Crocodile Tail looper and the way midi control works with it is, preset 1 on the looper directly correlates to preset 1 on whatever midi device I’m sending a program change to. For example: Looper preset 1 > Timeline preset 0a, Looper preset 2 > Timeline preset 0b etc.

I’m trying to control presets on both a Strymon Timeline and an Eventide Space via the program change on the looper, without having to reorganize all my effect presets to directly correspond to the looper program changes.

My understanding is that if I hook it up from the midi out on the looper, to the midi in of the Space and midi out to the midi in on the Timeline, I can pick individual presets on the Eventide via RCV mapping,send a program change and choose a specific preset on the Timeline through XMT mapping on the space. I just can’t get the Space to talk to the Timeline. I have program control change working if I hook either directly up to the looper, just no communication from the Space to the Timeline. I hope this all makes sense. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

tstern
      Eventide Staff

If you set your Space MIDI output mode to "Thru", the Space will receive the messages from the looper and pass them directly through to the other pedal.  You wouldn't need to mess around at all with XMT mapping on the Space; everything just passes through the Space transparently.

blackvomit
        tstern wrote:

If you set your Space MIDI output mode to "Thru", the Space will receive the messages from the looper and pass them directly through to the other pedal.  You wouldn't need to mess around at all with XMT mapping on the Space; everything just passes through the Space transparently.

I know it’s capable of doing that, I just don’t want to have to rearrange presets on both devices to be 1>1. Would midi thru still need to be enabled to use the XMT and RCV functions? Also would I have to make a full loop back to the looper with midi cables?

blackvomit

It looks like it’s a feature baked into the Space and apparently a major complaint from a lot of people. You’re only able to use program transmit directly from the Eventide with a manual preset change. It won’t pass the signal through if it’s coming from another device. Please fix this Eventide!!!

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.