Manual recombination of a “Structural Effect”

Home Forums Products Plug-Ins Manual recombination of a “Structural Effect”

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      cauldron
      Participant
      I was impressed by the potential of Fission and more generally of the method called “Structural Effects”. For example, I can do things I can not do with Sonnox Envolution for the simple fact that Fission allows me to act at a structural level maximizing the effectiveness of the treatment.

It would be interesting to know if the latency is constant and how much is. I think different ways of allowing for external processing of the Transients/Tonal streams and I hope to implement something that allows this.

I consider Fission as a powerful re-synthesis real-time method for sounds that have a substantial Transient and Tonal component. I am reminded of the structural power of IRCAM AudioSculpt but with the effectiveness and power of a low latency plugin.

tlongabaugh
      Eventide Staff

Glad you dig it! Fission has roughly 50ms of latency.

We are strongly considering a version that would allow for external processing of the two streams.

cauldron
      Participant

Thanks for the updates. In the meantime, can I use two instances of the Fission plugin to process the same audio (Transients on the one hand and the other Tonal) and reassembling it manually? Would I have the same recomposition that should make Fission inside without creating artifacts?

tlongabaugh
        Eventide Staff
        cauldron wrote:

Thanks for the updates. In the meantime, can I use two instances of the Fission plugin to process the same audio (Transients on the one hand and the other Tonal) and reassembling it manually? Would I have the same recomposition that should make Fission inside without creating artifacts?

Yes, that would work, providing the STRUCTURAL SPLIT sections have the same settings. With no effects on, the Transient and Tonal streams are complementary.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.