Master Volume Does not Work with Crushstation

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Master Volume Does not Work with Crushstation

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      szabados1

I connected my H9 in the effects loop. When I am in the Crushstation algorithm, the amp Master Volume has no effect. Also there is a setting for the pedal to select when in the effects loop. When selected the pedal goes silent.

bohan
      Eventide Staff
      szabados1 wrote:
      I connected my H9 in the effects loop. When I am in the Crushstation algorithm, the amp Master Volume has no effect.

Isn't that the Amp's problem?

szabados1 wrote:
      Also there is a setting for the pedal to select when in the effects loop. When selected the pedal goes silent.

Which setting is this?

szabados1

The amps master volume is in the series effects loop.  The H9 is the only pedal in the loop  The other algorythms allow the Master Volume to still control the volume.  I have teh Kill Dry Audio in the General Settings set at NO.   When I put this in Yes, the the H9 goes silent.  Not sure why the App states why the Kill Dryis normally enabled when the unit is connected in the amps effects loop.

I apologize but I am not an Audio engineer. 

szabados1

I stated the Kill Dry is not on.

szabados1

So the master increases the input to the send in the effects before the power amp. I have a Two Rock Bloomfield Drive Combo. When I look at the input and output meter on the Control, all other algo’s have a match with an increase in master volume (input meter goes higher in h9) to output based on output meter in h9. On Crushstation, the master increases the input to the h9, but the output does not follow.

bohan
      Eventide Staff
      szabados1 wrote:

The amps master volume is in the series effects loop.  The H9 is the only pedal in the loop  The other algorythms allow the Master Volume to still control the volume.  I have teh Kill Dry Audio in the General Settings set at NO.   When I put this in Yes, the the H9 goes silent.  Not sure why the App states why the Kill Dryis normally enabled when the unit is connected in the amps effects loop.

I apologize but I am not an Audio engineer. 

If the current preset is bypassed, and the KillDry is on, there will be no sound coming out from H9. Because KillDry kills the dry sound, and when a preset is bypassed, there is only dry sound.

bohan
      Eventide Staff
      szabados1 wrote:
      I stated the Kill Dry is not on.

Does the Master knob work when the algorithm is bypassed? I guess it might be because CrushStation is a distortion effect and it has a compressor which limits the level if it's too loud. Again I'm not familiar with your amp and not clear how your FX loop is set up. But if CrushStation is the only algorithm that has this issue, that might be why.

bohan
      Eventide Staff
      szabados1 wrote:
      So the master increases the input to the send in the effects before the power amp. I have a Two Rock Bloomfield Drive Combo. When I look at the input and output meter on the Control, all other algo's have a match with an increase in master volume (input meter goes higher in h9) to output based on output meter in h9. On Crushstation, the master increases the input to the h9, but the output does not follow.

This makes sense cause there is a compressor and clipper in CrushStation algorithm.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.