Max out upgrade: how to tell how many algorithms you’ve purchased already?

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Max out upgrade: how to tell how many algorithms you’ve purchased already?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 46 reply threads
  • Author
      zwolf
      Participant

I've lost track, though I know I must be somewhere near to the upgrade amount of 10. I don't see a list in the "account" page on H9 "settings". How do I determine this?

badmelonfarmer
      Participant

In H9 Control … go to Store and the ones you own will have a red banner saying purchased on

zwolf
      Participant

Right! Thanks, I knew there was an easy way. Note that the free ones from eventide (ultra tap, eq comp, etc.) still say "purchased" but won't count towards the max total…

jlsknoxtn

I have 21 algo's on my H9. Just purchased 6 to get above the 10 to Max out. When I go to restore purchases the unit still is not maxing out. Am I doing something incorrect/

drbob1
      Participant

This doesn't seem to work, it gives me credit for all my algorithms, even the ones that came with the H9 and the free ones. So I should be ready for the Max upgrade with only one more purchase?

badmelonfarmer
      Participant

No Problem

and yes the included and free ones do not count … only the ones you purchase

zwolf
      Participant

another thing to note is that the ones which shipped with the unit also show up as "purchased" and don't count towards the total.

chaosnone
      Participant

I was able to see mine by looking in the app store at the H9 app, and then go to the In app purchases.  It showed me the ones I have purchased and got for free.

drbob1
      Participant

This is helpful if you bought algorithms thru the iOS device, if you bought them on your computer, as I did, it doesn't help. So, let's do this: please list the free and original algorithms from the H9, so I can subtract them and figure out how many I've already bought. I know it's at least 2 but I'm not sure which, or whether it's more!

gkellum
      Participant

drbob1:

This is helpful if you bought algorithms thru the iOS device, if you bought them on your computer, as I did, it doesn't help. So, let's do this: please list the free and original algorithms from the H9, so I can subtract them and figure out how many I've already bought. I know it's at least 2 but I'm not sure which, or whether it's more!

We are planning on putting out a new version of H9 Control that makes this information easy to find, but we didn't want to make everyone wait until that was ready. For now if you have an H9 Standard, ten of your algorithms won't count towards the upgrade path: the nine that came with the H9 (Vintage Delay, Tape Echo, Chorus, TremoloPan, H910/H949, Crystals, Hall, Shimmer, and Ultratap) plus your coupon purchase. If you have an H9 Core two of your algorithms won't count toward the upgrade path: H910/H949 plus your coupon purchase. And the free algorithms won't count: Looper, Resonator if you got it before 12/31/13, and EQ Compressor if you got it before 6/20/14.  If you're not sure if you paid for Resonator or EQ Compressor, you can always email support@eventide.com until the new H9 Control release is ready and we'll let you know.

Lonny Jarrett
      Participant

I just want to say THANK YOU to Eventide because i feel the upgrade path is generous and compensates entirely for the fact that purchased algorithms can't be sold with the unit. Excellent, and well done.

Lonny Jarrett
      Participant

Wow, and we get to keep the algorithms! Very cool. Respect. Best single stomp ever made, best multiFX ever made, best programming interface.

davidkaeser
      Participant

Hi,

I own H9, MF, TF, PF and Space pedals.

Does the coupons (2 per pedal) count for the H9 Max upgrade ?

Thanks and have a nice day.

DAVID

gkellum
      Participant

No, the coupons from the Factor pedals and the coupon that comes with an H9 don't count toward the H9 Max upgrade.

purpletiger
      Participant

Hi gkellum,

I want to make sure I understand all of this.I have a H9 and a H9 Core.

I have a total of 19 algorithms including the recent release of looper. If Iam calculating  correctly that means I need 4  more to upgrade

• 19 – Loooper = 18
      • 18 – 2 free coupons (one from H9 and one from H9 Core) = 16
      • 16 – 10 (algorithms that came with H9) = 6
      • 6 + 4 = 10 (The algorithms upgrade from H9 is 10)

Is this correct. 

Also would both of my H9's then be H9 MAX''s?

Thanks,

Jeff

gkellum
      Participant

purpletiger:

Hi gkellum,

I want to make sure I understand all of this.I have a H9 and a H9 Core.

I have a total of 19 algorithms including the recent release of looper. If Iam calculating  correctly that means I need 4  more to upgrade

• 19 – Loooper = 18
      • 18 – 2 free coupons (one from H9 and one from H9 Core) = 16
      • 16 – 10 (algorithms that came with H9) = 6
      • 6 + 4 = 10 (The algorithms upgrade from H9 is 10)

Is this correct. 

Also would both of my H9's then be H9 MAX''s?

I looked up your account and I see 18 algorithms in your account (not 19) and that you've purchased five algorithms.  In your case it's 18 minus the 9 that come bundled with a standard minus the two coupon purchases and minus Looper and Resonator which were free which leaves five algorithms which you purchased. That means you have five more to go.

After you purchase those five your H9 Standard would be converted to an H9 Max, and you could use all of the algorithms on your H9 Core as long as you still own the H9 Max but it will remain an H9 Core.

purpletiger
      Participant

Can you tell me how I am calculating wrong as the following are all on both of my H9?
      Also when I did the upgrade for BlackHole I had an issue that I had to open a support ticket with Eventide Support to resolve and this is why I want to confirm all of these are being accounted for in my account as I have already had an an issue with purchased not showing up on my H9.

Thanks.

1.     Vintage Delay – Included
      2.     Tape Delay – Included
      3.     Chorus – Included
      4.     Tremolo – Included
      5.     H910 – Included
      6.     Crystals – Included
      7.     Hall – Included
      8.     Shimmer – Included
      9.     Ultar Tap – Included
      10.     Looper – Included

1.     Digital Delay
      2.     Modulation Delay
      3.     Flanger
      4.     Diatonic  
      5.     Harmodulator
      6.     Micro  
      7.     Blackhole
      8.     Resonator

8 – 2 = 6

purpletiger
      Participant

I purchased the H9 past the date when the Resonator was free and had asked support about this and was told I had to purchase it.

Why is the Resonator not showing up as purchased? I had to purchase it as it was past the time when it was free. Does it not show up as purchased?

I need to ensure I have been properly credited for all of my purchases before completing the upgrade and do not know why something I paid for would show up for free.

Thanks,

gkellum
      Participant

purpletiger:

I purchased the H9 past the date when the Resonator was free and had asked support about this and was told I had to purchase it.

Why is the Resonator not showing up as purchased? I had to purchase it as it was past the time when it was free. Does it not show up as purchased?

I need to ensure I have been properly credited for all of my purchases before completing the upgrade and do not know why something I paid for would show up for free.

Could you send an email to support@eventide.com about this? I need to look up your Blackhole transaction and your Resonator transaction, and I don't want to go into your account details on Eventide's forums.

Bodde
      Participant

I think it is really simple: only the algos that you actually bought count for the max upgrade. So not the free ones or the coupon.

drbob1
      Participant

Turned out to be trivially easy: just bought algorithms one by one until I ht 10 and suddenly they were all there! I'm assuming the actual pedal still just has slots for 100 presets?

gkellum
      Participant

drbob1:

I'm assuming the actual pedal still just has slots for 100 presets?

Yes, the actual pedal still just has slots for 100 presets.

DPehrke

Don't buy too many algorithms too fast!!! I had to purchase 6 and after purchasing 5 my credit card got blocked! I called the company a day later and my card was blocked 'cause I made 5 "inapp"-purchases within 2 minutes or so…

Great Update!

Dirk

fog_ducker
      Participant

Can you please explain why my pedal is not upgrading?  There is no way to see what is purchased and what was free.  I'm throwing 20's at the the store like I wipe my ass with them.

Thanks

gkellum
      Participant

Fog_ducker:

Can you please explain why my pedal is not upgrading?  There is no way to see what is purchased and what was free. 

I just looked up your account. You're at nine algorithms. In your case you got both Resonator and EQ Compressor for free so those don't count.  If you'd like a complete list of your purchases, send an email to support@eventide.com please.

Fog_ducker:

I'm throwing 20's at the the store like I wipe my ass with them.

Big Smile

Per
      Participant

Hi,

can somelone from eventide check My account. I thought i had bought ten algoritms. No Max though??.

regards per

gkellum
      Participant

Per:

can somelone from eventide check My account. I thought i had bought ten algoritms. No Max though.

I looked up your account. You're at eight purchases.  You like the previous poster got both Resonator and EQ Compressor for free so those don't count. 

Per
      Participant

Strange. I bought eq- compressor 2 jours ago. It has not been free for me. Further i had republiken to get reverse delay registered before. I'm going to check inte this some more.

gkellum
      Participant

Per:

Strange. I bought eq- compressor 2 jours ago. It has not been free for me. Further i had republiken to get reverse delay registered before. I'm going to check inte this some more.

Well, if you think there's been a mistake, please send an email to support@eventide.com, and we'll be happy to look into it for you.  (I didn't understand what you meant when you wrote, "Further i had republiken to get reverse delay registered before.")

Per
      Participant

Sorry about the unclear answer. I was on iphone, and it did a little prank on me. And your forum is not very easy to use with an iphone, not mine anyway, hard to use the comment field. 

About my algoritms. These are the one I have except the original ones. 

filterpong

reverse

flanger

modfilter

ringmod

diatonic

micropitch

Synthonizer

Harpegg(free) extra from space pedal. 

Eqj Compressor

Resonator(free)

Looper (free)

Strange thing is that I cant find my reverse algo in my buy history on itunes. The one I posted about earlier having trouble with. Reverse delay works on my h9 though. 

To me I has 9 algoritms bought, but maybe I didnt buy the reverse. Im going to search the post i used. 

Cheers

Per

Link to screenshot of h9

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9zc9s6ubt3migl3/Sk%C3%A4rmklipp%202015-01-03%2002.04.27.png?dl=0

Per
      Participant

Me again, seems that I had trouble with diatonic. Reverse might also be a freebee. How many free algoritms can a man have? Im confused. 

I just bought the $500 unit today and won't received it till mid week. But this horror show message thread showing the confusion of what's been purchased and what hasn't has me nervous. Especially when I see people paying for Algo's that have expired "free" terms and not being given credit for them. The Control app should include date purchased info on any and all Algorithms paid for or a chronological purchase history. It should at least be accessible to look up online at Eventide's website. Customers shouldn't have to chase Customer Service to prove a purchase.

I bought the unit with the intent of purchasing 10-$20 algorithms before 4/1/15. If i have to bombard Customer Service with emails containing scanned receipts, so be it.

Sorry for the rant, I'm just surprised that a company that make such high end gear would appear to have a classic fail in their upgrade process. That being said, I'll give it a try.

Marcus, 35 in high tech and a professional skeptic :>)

gkellum
      Participant

madmarcus1960:

I just bought the $500 unit today and won't received it till mid week. But this horror show message thread showing the confusion of what's been purchased and what hasn't has me nervous. Especially when I see people paying for Algo's that have expired "free" terms and not being given credit for them. The Control app should include date purchased info on any and all Algorithms paid for or a chronological purchase history. It should at least be accessible to look up online at Eventide's website. Customers shouldn't have to chase Customer Service to prove a purchase.

We're working on a new release of H9 Control containing the functionality you described; it will likely be available for Mac OS X and Windows this coming week and iOS the following week (iOS builds always have to make it through Apple so they take longer.)  The truth is that we hadn't planned on announcing the H9 Max upgrade path until these features were ready, but some of our existing H9 owners were so angry about the H9 Max announcement we had to do it early before everything was ready.

RSica
      Participant

Hi all ,

I'd just like to take the time to thank all at Eventide for this tremendous upgrade for all current customers. After carefully reading this thread and following what Eventide has said in regards to figuring out what I had(originals plus coupon plus freebies) I determined I needed 8 more purchases. Made the purchases today, restored the purchases through the H9 software and on reboot of the H9 it showed H9 MAX on the initial screen. It couldn't have been easier. I will note I use an iPad and purchase thru the app store.

Now can't wait to get a used H9 core later on to double the pleasure. Thanks again !

Best regards,

Randi

tommysahlin
      I own a H9 and have purchased a number of algorithms, but have also lost track how many. According to iOS App Store I have purchased 10 algorithms but my H9 has not "maxed out"

– Can you see how many algorithms I have purchased? (account name tommysahlin)

– What are the steps to perform the max out?

many thanks in advance  /Tommy
      gkellum
      Participant

tommysahlin:

– Can you see how many algorithms I have purchased? (account name tommysahlin)

I just looked up your account, and you're at nine purchases. If you think this might be wrong as it differs from what iTunes is telling you, please send an email to support@eventide.com, and we can go into the details of your account via email. Alternatively, we posted new desktop builds of H9 Control earlier this week that give you that information under Settings / Account. We're hoping that Apple is going to approve the corresponding iOS build some time in the next few days.

tommysahlin:

– What are the steps to perform the max out?

You just need to buy another algorithm. Then you'll see all the algorithms in the store marked as purchased, and when you go to the Algorithms screen, you'll see that all of the algorithms have been installed and are ready to use on your H9.
      tommysahlin

Just emailed the info below to your support but I'm posting here as well.

App Store claims I have made 10 purchases. I installed the new version of H9 Control which says I have 9 purchases:

Diatonic

Phaser

Pitchflex

Q-Wah

Reverse Reverb

Rotary

Spring

Synthonizer

Vibrato

Here is the list of 10 from App Store:

Mod Delay

Reverse

Octaver

MicroPitch

Diatonic

Rotary

Flanger

Spring

Phaser

Synthonizer

Since the lists are completely different I can't make a comparison. Can you help sort this out please?
      gkellum
      Participant

tommysahlin:

Since the lists are completely different I can't make a comparison. Can you help sort this out please?

Well, I'll go into the details when the support people forward me your email, but we've had a lot of people comment in the past that the list provided by iTunes is completely wrong. And looking at the iTunes list you posted, half of the algorithms in that iTunes list aren't in your account at all. 

tommysahlin

Yes, apparently the list provided in App Store had nothing to do with reality. I purchased one algorithm and the "max out" was performed instantly. Many thanks for your quick help!

Styrioci

I have a question regarding the counter in H9 Control 2.1.0 desktop app (Windows version).

I made 10 purchases, my H9 (standard model, not core) got Max-ed, but when I go to the store in the app and look at the counter it says – 10 of 15, introductory offer 

Styrioci

I have a question regarding the counter in H9 Control desktop app, v2.1.0 Win version.

I made 10 purchases, my H9 (standard) got Max-ed, but the counter in store store says 10 of 15, I believe this is just confusing "feature" and counter doesn't make difference between H9 core or standard.

am I correct?

gkellum
      Participant

I think this is just a bug in the counter which we'll have to fix in the next update;  I got an email from someone else about this this morning.  If you click on the Settings button in the bottom right hand corner of H9 Control and go the Eventide Account, you should see that your Standard is now a Max and your Core is a Core.

phattmatt12

For some reason my H9 Core will not max out. I know I have the required number because it said 15/15. I even bought a couple more, restored my purchases, and it still didn't work.

gkellum
      Participant

phattmatt12:

For some reason my H9 Core will not max out. I know I have the required number because it said 15/15. I even bought a couple more, restored my purchases, and it still didn't work.

You can only max out once. You already maxed out one H9 which you've apparently now sold. 

td2243

It says we have about two months to max out our H9 by only buying 10 algorithms, then it goes up to 2 20.  Does that mean the price of the algorithms is getting cut in half after that deadline? 

vrooom
      Participant

OK – so I when I look at all the algorithms I've purchased, I count six (taking into account vouchers and any included ones), but when I look how many I've got via the Store App it says I have four. So is it six or four?

gkellum
      Participant

vrooom:

OK – so I when I look at all the algorithms I've purchased, I count six (taking into account vouchers and any included ones), but when I look how many I've got via the Store App it says I have four. So is it six or four?

In H9 Control click on the Settings button in the bottom right hand corner of the app and go into Eventide Account. If you have the latest build of H9 Control installed, it will show you your algorithms and where they came from.

Viewing 46 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.