melotron algorithm for h9 like EH mel9 pedal

Home Forums Products Stompboxes melotron algorithm for h9 like EH mel9 pedal

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      aliengtr
      Participant

Before I fork over money to electro harmonix for a Mel9 peda or that pedal with hold function (superego+ l, any chance h9 may get a similar algorithm?

bohan
      Eventide Staff
      aliengtr wrote:

Before I fork over money to electro harmonix for a Mel9 pedal or that pedal with hold function (superego+ l, any chance h9 may get a similar algorithm?

Quote from one of our developers:

"Of the top of my head the only thing you might me able to get is the brass sound out of HotSawz or Synthonizer. But these would both be monophonic and the sound is generated from oscillators. There is a preset called Faux Brass in the HotSawz algorithm. It's not the same as Brass in the Mel9 but it is cool."

Superego+ is a multi-effect pedal and it has many effects that H9 can do. What does the hold function do though?

brock
      Participant

I haven’t been too happy with my attempts to emulate a Mellotron.  (Might be worth a shot using TapeEcho).  But it’s a task for several H9s (or realistically, a VST sampler/synth).  Currently, you’d have to ‘build’ the source (flutes; strings; chorale, etc.), figure in the soft attack & 8-second tape spool limit, tape wow & flutter …

https://www.eventideaudio.com/comment/11152#comment-11152

As for the hold function, I have an EHX Freeze and SuperEgo + here.  You can’t capture ALL of the effects in the SE+, but the H9 can cover most of it (and then some.  Unique approaches.).  I’ve posted at least a half-dozen threads about this on this forum.  Here’s one:

https://www.eventideaudio.com/comment/31463#comment-31463

bohan
      Eventide Staff

This is awesome! Thanks, brock!

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.