MF chorus depth/speed was suddenly increased on preset change

Home Forums Products Stompboxes MF chorus depth/speed was suddenly increased on preset change

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 11 reply threads
  • Author
      beagle

Hi there.

I'm new to MF and TF and very pleased with these models.

At this time,I want to fix my MF problem.

I have two preset.

Bank 1-1:tremoro

Bank 2-1:chorus

I'm changing presets, using loop/midi switching system.

First,I was playing with preset 1-1 then changed to preset 2-1 to change midi switcher foot switch.

Immediately after changing to preset 2-1,chorus depth/speed was suddenly increased(my original preset is clear smart chorus sound) and make very strange funny sound Sad

But after few seconds,preset 2-1 back to normal sound(sound what I saved to preset 2-1).

Anyone have any idea to fix this problem?

Thank you very much in advance.

grozeil

Funny, I'd just wanted to post about the same problem with my MF. I've encountered this problem with a chorus preset and a phaser preset : incredibly fast speed when the preset is engaged then decreasing after a few seconds.

Bruno

grozeil:

Funny, I'd just wanted to post about the same problem with my MF. I've encountered this problem with a chorus preset and a phaser preset : incredibly fast speed when the preset is engaged then decreasing after a few seconds.

Bruno

+1…been meaning to ask this for ages Confused

mine does that too, kind of a blurby garbly for a second when changing presets with or without midi

i'll have to play some more too but i just tried trem with adsr like on an eventide demo video, going for volume swells, and if i use brake/slow watching my lfo display the depth was making drastic changes that seemed to be linked to the brake/slow, might be a related problem to these sounds during preset changes

Burger666

Yep, happens to me too. I thought it was user error or something that I'd missed in the manual (maybe still is..). It's very annoying though and could be construed by the attentive punter as an equipment malfunction. What's the story ET?

datguytim

Same here – thought is was me. Hopefully the next update will fix this.

beagle

Following is what I've sent to Japanese Eventide agent Okada international inc. ,to make them replicate problem.

TremoloPan
      Intensity 20
      Type OPTO
      Depth 70
      Speed 4.79hz
      Shape PEAK
      Xnob WIDTH:50
      D-MOD 0
      S-MOD 0
      ModRate 1.04xSPD
      ModSource SINE

Chorus
      Intensity 50
      Type ORGANIC
      Depth 80
      Speed 0.20hz
      Shape TRIANGR
      Xnob MOD:30
      D-MOD 25
      S-MOD 0
      ModRate 1.12xSPD
      ModSource SQUARE

TEMPO OFF

When change the program,from Setting 1 to Setting 2, LFO suddenly increased.
      Program change method isn't matter(stomp button under bank mode/via MIDI).

They confirmed this and said that they report this to Eventide.

By the way,where is Eventide guys around this forum?

drooney

Hi Everyone,

Sorry for the delay with response but with the holiday season we've been tight. As far as I know, we haven't yet been contacted by Okada but we will certainly look into this and confirm for you all as soon as possible if this is a software issue or not.

Can anyone comment if there are any particular effects that are changed between other than Tremolo and Chorus that produce this? Providing us detailed settings as Beagle did above is best, so please confirm if you are using factory presets and note which ones, and if you are using user-made please provide settings.

Thanks in advance!

beagle

Hi drooney and nice hearing from you 🙂

As you already know,this is very serious problem for us.
      Changing preset(bank) is quite fundamental function.
      These kind of basic features should work perfect.
      Especially under Eventide brand name.

I'm looking forward hearing bug fix schedule(or temporary trouble shooting step) from you soon.

Regards.

beagle

Hi droony.

Hows going bug fixing?

Btw,I got another LFO related problem.

This time,it happen under TremoloPan.

It changes LFO depth/speed oposit direction.

When change patch,MF makes Tremolo depth/speed to ZERO then increase it.

Shall I show you all parameters in my patch that cause problem or is this know issue?

drooney

I haven't received word yet about the progress but knowing all of your parameters of the current, and tell me what preset number you change to and its settings. However confirm if when you change from this preset, if the issue exists regardless of the preset you change to.

Burger666

drooney:

I haven't received word yet about the progress but knowing all of your parameters of the current, and tell me what preset number you change to and its settings. However confirm if when you change from this preset, if the issue exists regardless of the preset you change to.

Confirmed. The second preset's LFO (or rate) has to slow down or speed up from the rate of whatever the first preset was. Very annoying. It seems to be across the board, or at least with every type of mod I'm using.

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.