MicroPitch and EDM question

Home Forums Products Stompboxes MicroPitch and EDM question

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Barkker
      Participant

I recently got a MicroPitch and it’s great. It’s my first ever Eventide product and I’m very impressed.

The control from EDM is very nice, but there are a few things I couldn’t find in the control panel (or the manual) and I was wondering if it’s possible to do them:

1. Display each Delay time in milliseconds and not only 1-127 MIDI values.

2. Display each Pitch knob’s intervals in cents and not only 1-127 MIDI values.

3. Display the subdivisions of the Delay knobs when in Tap mode (I also couldn’t find them in any of the documentation).

Thanks!

joecozzi
      Eventide Staff

Hello Barkker, and welcome to the Eventide forums. Happy to answer your question. The dot9 family of pedals, which includes your MicroPitch Delay, was designed to appeal to users who prefer the tactile experience over anything else, like the majority of pedals that exist. What you are requesting you will find on the H9 Max and PitchFactor pedals, from which this version of the MicroPitch Delay algorithm originated. Furthermore, the Eventide Device Manager is meant to be more of a preset librarian than a full blown control software like H9 Control.

Barkker
      Participant

Thanks for your answer, Joe!

I loved your YouTube guide to the MicroPitch – very informative and well made.

I understand what you are saying, and that’s the exact reason why I bought the MP and not the H9 – the tactile experience.

However, I think that what I’m asking is pretty basic stuff. Delay in milliseconds and Pitch in cents….not full control or any complicated stuff.

This would make setting a dual delay a lot easier, for example.

Anyway, you can consider this as a feature request 🙂

Regarding the subdivisions, is there any diagram that shows what are they?

I can hear them, but a diagram that shows their position along the knob would be helpful.

Thanks again!

B

joecozzi
      Eventide Staff

I can’t point you to any resource showing where the subdivisions are. All I can tell you is these are the available subdivisions:

0, 1/32, 1/32d, 1/16, 1/8t, 1/16d, 1/8, 1/4t, 1/8d, 1/4, 1/4d, 1/2, 1/2d, Whole

You’ll just have to feel it out.

I loved your YouTube guide to the MicroPitch – very informative and well made.

Very kind of you to say and much appreciated.

Barkker
      Participant

Thank you for the info!

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.