MicroPitch pedal question

Home Forums Products Stompboxes MicroPitch pedal question

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author
      udi9
      Participant

From time to time, when using my MicroPitch pedal, I see the LED of preset 5 flashing.

Can someone please explain why is it happening?

I think I read somewhere that it flashes when you change something in the preset, but here it happens even if I’m just using the preset and not touching any knobs.

Thanks!

joecozzi
      Eventide Staff

Hmmm, that’s peculiar. Are you using a an expression pedal with your unit?

udi9
      Participant

Hi Joe,

No, not using an expression pedal, but I do have catch-up mode enabled.

BTW, it happens regardless of the preset I’m using. I can be on preset 1 and still see preset 5’s LED flashing….(it flashes only for a second or two).

joecozzi
      Eventide Staff

Aside from blinking when editing a preset, I’m not aware of any reason the LED would behave like this. I recommend contacting support@eventide.com to document the behavior. Perhaps they can troubleshoot what is going on. In the event it’s a faulty LED, the pedal is under warranty.

udi9
      Participant

Thank you, Joe.

I’ve tried recreating the LED’s behavior for 45 minutes, but couldn’t. It seems that it’s just random.

I’ll try to pay closer attention to every action I do on the pedal, maybe I’ll understand when it’s happening.

Do you think that maybe I should try a factory reset?

Other than that the pedal works flawlessly and sounds incredible. One of the best purchases I’ve made in years.

I’ll also contact support, as you suggested.

Thanks again!

joecozzi
      Eventide Staff

It definitely couldn’t hurt to try both a fresh install of the firmware and a factory reset. Support may even ask you to do that first. Basically, following instructions beginning at 22:51 of this video.

I’m happy to hear you’re enjoying your MicroPitch Delay!

udi9
      Participant

Those videos are fantastic – That’s what made me pull the trigger on this pedal 🙂

I reinstalled the firmware and did a factory reset. I’ll give it a couple of days and see if the flashing LED is coming back.

Thanks for your help, Joe!

Restlesshead
      Participant

HI!

I have absolutely the same issue with my Micropitch preset LED blinking every 30-50min

Did you fixed it somehow?

If not , despite this blinking is your still Micropitch alive and kicking?

udi9
      Participant

HI! I have absolutely the same issue with my Micropitch preset LED blinking every 30-50min

Did you fixed it somehow? If not , despite this blinking is your still Micropitch alive and kicking?
      My pedal was under warranty and I got a replacement unit. However, after a few months the new one developed the same behavior, so now I’m just ignoring it. Doesn’t seem to affect the usability of the pedal. Still works and sounds great.
        Restlesshead
        Participant

@udi9

Thank you for your reply!

Now I feel much less anxious about this blinking

Happy New Year, btw !

Restlesshead
      Participant

Hey @udi9

I was talking to the Eventide support, looks like they found a software lag in the Micropitch. They now released a special update, please check your  EDM.

I updated my device seems it is fixed now.

udi9
      Participant

Thanks for the heads up @Restlesshead

I’ll definitely take a look.

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.