Midi Assignment won’t save

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Midi Assignment won’t save

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author
      troykennedy

I am sure this is something simple I have missed. When I use the iPad control app to assign expression pedal control to midi cc #68 it does't save. Every time I power back up I have to reassign. What am I missing?

Thanks!!

troykennedy

Nothing? No one in Eventide support?

gkellum
      Participant

What software do you have installed on your H9?  In earlier releases it wouldn't save those assignments immediately but instead would wait until the H9 was turned off.  And sometimes the H9 wouldn't have enough power remaining at power down to save them correctly.  In more recent releases the H9 is saving those MIDI mappings immediately.  Do you have the latest release 5.0.1[3] installed?  You can find out what you have installed by clicking on Pedal in the bottom bar of H9 Control and going to 'Update Stompboxes Software'.

troykennedy

Very cool. Thank you!

troykennedy

Well, I finally got to update to 5.0.1 version 3 and I still have the problem. When I assign the expression pedal to midi channel 68 it reverts to no assignment if the pedal os power off. Any other ideas? Thanks!

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

If this is the only thing that won't save, I'm mystified.

If all or most things won't save it would suggest a hardware fault.

troykennedy

For whatever it is worth, I have only tried to change the midi assignment on the expression pedal just because that is all I needed to do. I don't know if it will save anything else.

vaisatchatrucci
      Participant

I am having this issue as well – the only CC that appears to have been saved at some point was the “BYP” CC# but none of the others will save so I have to set them up each time I power the H9 back up before each gig.  Also, although the BYP one saved at some point, I’ve since switched to using the “ACT” control instead with my GCPro but as with everything else, it comes back up with the previous saved CC# and will not allow me to save the change.

Is there any resolution please?

Thank you!

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

This is probably a hardware issue – you should contact support@eventide.com.

vaisatchatrucci
      Participant

Done – thank you.

vaisatchatrucci
      Participant

The last update I applied actually fixed this issue in case anyone else experiences the same thing. I’m just glad it wasn’t hardware related.

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.