Midi chain?

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Midi chain?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      tenohr

I have a Gigrig G2 with a Strymon Timeline, a H9 and a Strymon Iridium in a midi chain. The Timeline and the H9 “talk” to each other via midi ch1 but it seems nothing passes through the H9 to the Iridium. I have done all the right settings on the Iridium and the H9 has midi thru as output.

Tips, hints and tricks, anyone?

bohan
      Eventide Staff
      tenohr wrote:

I have a Gigrig G2 with a Strymon Timeline, a H9 and a Strymon Iridium in a midi chain. The Timeline and the H9 "talk" to each other via midi ch1 but it seems nothing passes through the H9 to the Iridium. I have done all the right settings on the Iridium and the H9 has midi thru as output. Tips, hints and tricks, anyone?

When you say "The Timeline and the H9 talk to each other via midi ch1" did you mean Timeline talks to H9? I assume your H9's MIDI output is connected to Iridium. However, Iridium doesn't have a 5-pin MIDI port. How do you connect your H9 to your Iridium?

tenohr

Hi! Yes. the Strymon Timeline and the H9 communicate via midi ch 1. Out of the H9 I run a midi exp cable(5pin to jack TRS). My tech says the cable is OK. Could it be wrong midi data from the Timeline? Or something inside the H9? Maybe I should try to change the order of the pedals..

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Note that there are two different types of DIN-jack adaptors for MIDI, type A and type B. The Iridium manual does not say which one they use, so some research will be necessary.

TRS To MIDI Male Type A

Akai Pro, IK Multimedia, Korg, Line 6, littleBits, Make Noise

Pin 5-Tip (Current Sink)

Pin 4- Ring (Current Source)

Pin 2 – Sleeve (Shield)

TRS to MIDI Type B 

Arturia, Music1010, Novation

Pin 5 – Ring (Current Sink)

Pin 4 – Tip (Current Source)

Pin 2 – Sleeve (Shield)

This info came from [Updated] How to Make Your Own 3.5mm mini stereo TRS-to-MIDI 5 pin DIN cables –

tenohr

Ok, thanks! I`ll look into it

camn
      Participant

First and foremost, you should objectively test the output from the H9 using a midi-monitor of some sort. I have heard the H9 has problems with Thru.. but I have never tested it.

Second, after that, you should screenshot or whatever your actual settings. Many times people say the settings are right, but they are wrong.

tenohr

With a new MIDI-cable from Strymon everything works. I had to turn off some MIDI-data from the Strymon Timeline too, and send only procram change. Thanks everyone. now i`m happy!

bohan
      Eventide Staff
      tenohr wrote:

Hi! Yes. the Strymon Timeline and the H9 communicate via midi ch 1. Out of the H9 I run a midi exp cable(5pin to jack TRS). My tech says the cable is OK. Could it be wrong midi data from the Timeline? Or something inside the H9? Maybe I should try to change the order of the pedals..

I think Strymon takes the MIDI messages from the TIP, but not the normal TRS MIDI. I could be wrong but you should check with Strymon.

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.