Midi Channel question

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Midi Channel question

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      7enderbender

So I added a second H9. In short, one lives in a rack toegther with other midi devices and switches patches as program changes coming from my Rocktron Midi Raider.

Works fine, everything is on Channel 1 (the Rocktron can’t send OMNI)

Now, the second device is going on my pedal board for sounds that are supposed to be before the preamp. There might be a few effects that I might want to try to assign midi “hotswitches” and such to. How can I sepearte out the two (and then some) devices?

If I assign a different midi channel (say 1 and 4) one of the devices might not respond to the PC messages coming on Midi Channel 1.

Is there a way to assign differnt midi channels on the H9 to receive, for example, PC message in Ch1 and CC messasges on Ch4?

nickrose
      Eventide Staff
      7enderbender wrote:

Works fine, everything is on Channel 1 (the Rocktron can't send OMNI)

OMNI is not something you send – it is a receive feature, where the receiver will respond to all channels.

7enderbender wrote:

Is there a way to assign differnt midi channels on the H9 to receive, for example, PC message in Ch1 and CC messasges on Ch4?

No, sorry. The H9 will either respond to all channels (OMNI) or a single channel that you select.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.