MIDI clock for tempo syncing

Home Forums Products Stompboxes MIDI clock for tempo syncing

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      thom
      Participant

Hi

I have hit on a small problem. I noticed this after installing the latest updates on my Time and Mod factor pedals. Not saying it was caused by the updates but I only noticed it after updating. My effects board uses a Musicom MKII switcher. This outputs midi PCs to the Timefactor, and then to the Modfactor. This is working fine. I have an auxuillary switch connected to the Timefactor. One of the 3 buttons controls tap tempo. This works on the Timefactor. The problem is that the Timfactor clock out is switched on and should transmit the tap tempo to the Modfactor to Sync the tempos. The Midi clock in is switched on on the Modfactor and this used to work fine. Now when I tap tempo it changes on the Timefactor, but the Modfactor display just shows the patch number/name and doesn't appear to change the tempo.

Anything I am missing or could try to get this to work?

Thanks

Tom 

wedelich
      Eventide Staff

Hi thom,

The TF will only send MIDICLK if the MIDI output is set to XMT.  From your description, it sounds like your TF MIDI output is set to THRU.  This is typical if you are using an external MIDI control.  Is this correct? 

If so, I would suggest a few solutions:

1.  Use a MIDI merge box to merge the output of the TF and Musicom into the MF.

2.  Just use the TF as a preset switcher, as all factor pedals are very capable MIDI transmitters. 

3.  If your Musicom has MIDICLK, use that, or get a MIDI controller that does have MIDICLIK.   

thom
      Participant

wedelich:

Hi thom,

The TF will only send MIDICLK if the MIDI output is set to XMT.  From your description, it sounds like your TF MIDI output is set to THRU.  This is typical if you are using an external MIDI control.  Is this correct?     

Thanks for the reply Russel. Yes you are absolutely correct, the Timefactor is of course set to MIDI thru. I remember getting the tap thing working but I suppose it never worked when all hooked up to the Musicom switcher. Strange how the memory can play tricks!

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.