Midi Clock SYnc Not Working

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Midi Clock SYnc Not Working

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      BooshBass

I have been unable to sync my Timefactor to my Alesis SR-18 through the MIDI Function.  When I turn MIDI Clock IN on, it blinks.  Does this indicate that I need to fix some other setting?

I also tried to make the Timefactor the master, and the Alesis SR-18 the slave, but that did not work either.

Imerkat
      Participant

Assuming that everything is connect properly and that you set MIDI Transmit to "THRU" and the Midi channel is the same, and that you have tap tempo enabled on your presets, I would say that the Pedal isn't getting midi Clock data from  you're Alesis.

BooshBass

I am using one side of a Dual MIDI cable what has one grey one red, I've tried both the grey and the red.  Are dual MIDI cables different from regular midi cables? Or, is both sides of a dual cable just like one separate MIDI cable?

brock
      Participant
      Quote:
      When I turn MIDI Clock IN on, it blinks.

Quote:
      I would say that the Pedal isn't getting midi Clock data from  you're Alesis

Agreed.  I first noticed this in one of the V3 updates.  The blinking indicates that the 'Factor pedal isn't seeing any MIDI clock input.  When it recognizes the timing pulse, the blinking stops immediately.

Quote:
      Does this indicate that I need to fix some other setting?

As imerkat says above, check the MIDI/OUTPUT value is set to THRU.  MIDI clock is transmitted over all MIDI channels, so you don't have to be concerned with that setting in this particular scenario.

You also need to check if the SR-18 is actually sending MIDI Clock (page 47 of the manual under Page 6 SEND CLOCK VALUE TO OTHER DEVICES (CLOCKOUT).

Quote:
      I also tried to make the Timefactor the master, and the Alesis SR-18 the slave, but that did not work either.

See the same page of the Alesis manual for CLOCK IN, and – on the TimeFactor – switch MIDI/OUTPUT to XMT.

Quote:
      Or, is both sides of a dual cable just like one separate MIDI cable?

If it's the type of cable that I'm visualizing (and not a MIDI "splitter" – which doesn't work), then it's just two regular MIDI cables seamed together for convenience.  Make sure that Alesis MIDI Out/Thru goes to TF MIDI IN, and vice versa (for using the TimeFactor as the master).  Sometimes it's an easy mistake to make.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.