MIDI connectivity advice for Micropitch pedal

Home Forums Products Stompboxes MIDI connectivity advice for Micropitch pedal

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Read774
      Participant

Hi, i have recently purchased the micropitch pedal and intend to put it through the effects loop of my kemper so that i can use 4 different presets on the pedal within the various rigs i use on the kemper.
      I am not the greatest technically and am seeking some clarification as to how i can program the micropitch to patch change via midi when i switch rigs on kemper.
      I am getting the feeling that i need to invest in a midi box in order to do this, but am wondering whether there is an alternative method that wouldn’t require any additional costs, as for the price of the pedal i am a little surprised that it doesn’t have midi connection capabilities already built into the pedal.
      Any advice would be welcomed.
      Thanks in advance, Ben.

joecozzi
      Eventide Staff
      Read774 wrote:
      I am not the greatest technically and am seeking some clarification as to how i can program the micropitch to patch change via midi when i switch rigs on kemper.

Make sure the MicroPitch Delay is set to the MIDI channel your controller is using to communicate with your pedal. To learn how to set the MIDI channel

3:03 – Learn to enter System Settings
      7:24 – Learn how to set EXP input for MIDI Box or MIDI TRS.
      13:38 – Learn to set MIDI channel

https://youtu.be/0xcWsiw3Wqc

Read774 wrote:
      I am getting the feeling that i need to invest in a midi box in order to do this…

It all depends what kind of MIDI connections your controller uses. The standard protocol uses 5-pin MIDI DIN, in which case you will need to invest in a MIDI Box to convert 5-pin DIN to TRS. MIDI a over TRS is a newer protocol that helps pedals remain compact, and newer controllers on the market use this capability. As stated above go to 7:24 to learn about the differences.

https://youtu.be/0xcWsiw3Wqc

Once you have programmed the MicroPitch Delay to function on the correct channel, you need to program your MIDI controller to send a program change number (1 – 127) that corresponds to the presets you want to access.

Read774
      Participant

Thanks very much for the quick response, I’ll check out the video now. Cheers, Ben.

camn
      Participant

FYI it is just copper, the MIDI-TRS connection. If you have a mate who is handy with a soldering iron, they could chop the end of a standard MIDI cable and wire a TRS end on the thing with, like, zero effort. 

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.