Midi control of Blackhole Pedal via Ableton

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Midi control of Blackhole Pedal via Ableton

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      lwpweb
      Blocked

how to control my Eventide Blackhole pedal via midi from Ableton live? The device is visible in the midi device section of ableton, but on the track recording it is not possible to control the parameters f.e mix, gravity etc…

bohan
      Eventide Staff

Did you send out the corresponding CC messages according to the QRG?

lwpweb
      Blocked

<p style=”text-align: left;”>what means  qrg?</p>

bohan
      Eventide Staff

Quick reference guide

joecozzi
      Eventide Staff

Make sure that when you choose the pedal on the MIDI track that the MIDI port inputs and outputs are set to “ON.” Otherwise, Ableton won’t be able to communicate with the pedal. The Quick Reference Guide has all of the available controller change numbers that correspond to all the possible parameters of control, so as you automate in Ableton, make sure you’re sending messages using the correct CC#.

lwpweb
      Blocked

Tanks for your Feedback. It works. What i did not take into account was the fact the ableton midi track to control Blackhole has to be ’empty’ and not loaded with a f.e. a synth plugin, which is normally my case. So with an empty ableton midi track every thing works fine and all cc messiges are properly recognized by the blackhole pedal as my external return effect.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.