Midi controller pedal does not change H9 programming for amp

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Midi controller pedal does not change H9 programming for amp

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Dean-O

Hello there.  I recently figured out how to program H9 presets in conjunction with various channels on my amp (Marshall JVM 410C), and this is working fine.  I enabled some of the midi features that allow this on the H9. Now, I have a midi controller pedal that I can successfully switch channels much more easily then with the H9 but for some reason, it does not switch the amp channel that was programmed into the preset.  This seems weird to me.  When I go back and change the preset using the H9, the amp channels change as I programmed them, but not when I switch presets with the controller.  I tried looking at some of the other midi features along with reading the manual but I don't understand half the stuff it is saying.  Anyone have any ideas? 

Thanks.

Mcdookus

I was new to midi when I bought the h9 and used to own a 410c. Sounds like the midi output is still to transmit messages ( XMT ) Make sure that you've changed from XMT to THRU. Go into the midi menu tree and you'll find it in there. Then you'll have to set the amp channels as you did before. ie, press the midi button on the jvm and then load the preset on the h9 that you want that amp channel t to change to. Come back if you're still having trouble and I can talk you through it. 

Dean-O

Hi Mcdookus,

I did like you said and that did the trick. Thanks for the advice. Its working good.

Cheers.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.