Midi Controller Question/Suggestion

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Midi Controller Question/Suggestion

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      blewmeaway

I am curious whether a midi controller hooked up to either stompbox could be set up to allow you to jump from preset to preset, for example: from bank 1:1 to 4:2. Or are you still required to bank up or down before getting to the desired preset? If this is not currently possible, i think it'd be a nice feature, you could easily jump around, and even label a specific switch on that midi controlller as a specific preset. For example: if you programmed a certain midi switch to jump to preset 4:2, and that preset was a phaser, you could just label that switch "Phaser", and no matter what, where, how, hitting that switch would always take you to that Phaser preset. Almost like having individual stompboxes! Haha or maybe this was a waste of "breath" and its already possible

blewmeaway

Actually, it would be nice if the Aux Switches could be programmed to do this as well.

Roobin

You can do this using the RCV MAP option in System settings. You can map a Program number (0-127) to any patch. As default, 0-19 map to the 20 presets starting at 1:1. So yes it is possible using Midi. I thought about the Aux switches, and assigning one to change the values, but then what it sounds like depends on the mode you are in, so that makes it redundant. Hope this helps.

blewmeaway

Cool, i'm glad this is possible via midi. Not quite sure what you meant by the answer to the Aux Switch tho.. thanks

Roobin

What I meant was that with the Aux switch, you can set the different parameters e.g. mix to max and min values. So if you assigned Tip to change mix from 10% to 90%, every time you pressed that footswitch, the mix value would change from 10% to 90%. Now you can assign one footswitch to lots of parameters, so one footswitch could control mix, delay time, modulation depth, etc. My idea was to set a footswitch so that when you pressed it, the parameters are changed to phaser settings.  However, these settings apply to all the different modes (Vintage, Reverse, Loop) and thus the setting for depth on vintage will not sound the same as the same setting on tape delay. That was what I was getting at.

blewmeaway

Ah i follow you now. I see how that would be convenient if it worked right.  I just want the Aux Switch to be programmed similar to the midi controller so you can jump to a preset in a different bank.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.