Midi Controllers for the Eclipse

Home Forums Products Rackmount Midi Controllers for the Eclipse

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      myqqy

Hi- I was wondering what types of midi controllers might work well with an eclipse?  I tried using a behringer fcb1010, but did not have any success getting it to work right.  I would like something that does not take an engineering degree to figure out!  Any ideas?  Thanks!

Michael

myqqy

For the moment, i have plugged in 2 roland ev5 volume pedals into the eclipse.  Pedal 1 is now controlling the send amount on the 1st algorhythm.  Is there a way to have pedal 2 controlling the send amount on the 2nd algorhythm?  (if the program has one).  Thanks!

IDeangelis

Hi Michael

Being MIDI a standard, any MIDI pedalboard will work with any MIDI device.

The question really is what features you need in your pedalboard and your knowledge of the MIDI protocol for programming tasks. You can only find this out by investigating into different products webites/User Manuals/forums to focus on which unit is the best for you.

Rocktron and Digital Music Corp. brands are some of the best we know about, regading Eventie users. There are many others and possibly more feedback/advice will follow for you from other forum fellows.

best

I

IDeangelis

Provided you first have properly calibrate each of your pedals in Eclipse, you have to understand that controlling the SEND of two algorithms is not necessary *if* the routing is SERIES. Other routings may benefit from this, though.

SEND is assigned to EXT1 by default, which in turn is assigned to PEDAL 1. This works for all presets with a SEND, in any routing configuration. If you need to change SEND of the second algorithm to a different pedal, you'll have to patch it to another EXT, which in turn should be assigned to Pedal 2.

You may leave the default SEND > EXT 1 > Ped.1 patching and create an EXT 2 > Ped.2 one; then assign the algorithm SEND in THAT very preset to EXT 2. This will only work for THAT preset (once stored), so you'll need to repeat this for any other preset you want to configure like this.

The User Manual has a very detailed section on patching controllers to Externals and parameters. It's very adviceable you read it to get the best out of your Eclipse.

all the best

I

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.