Midi on The Rose

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Midi on The Rose

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Tokyo tapes
      Participant

As much as I love how the Rose sounds it’s really testing my patience when setting it up with midi. Here’re some questions:

I’m using the Midi through on the H90 to send midi to the Rose. It doesn’t work. I read somewhere that you can’t send midi direct but you have to use something like the Midi Box 4 from DA. Is this correct? No matter how you solder the 5-pin-TRS cable coming out of the H90 Through?

When looking at the “Eventide Rose – Basic MIDI Assignments” video it shows the midi channels differently on the shape latter than what is shown in the Reference Guide. Which one is correct?

It would probably help immensely if you’ve had a proper manual for the Rose. Just sayin’

tbskoglund
      Eventide Staff

Sorry to hear of your frustration.

Yes, you must use a MIDI DIN to TRS convertor box.

The easiest way to configure the MIDI settings on the Rose would be connecting it to the Eventide Device Manager app and setting the MIDI channel there – https://www.eventideaudio.com/software/device-manager/

Let me know if you need any further help.

Tokyo tapes
      Participant

Thank you!

I kinda figured that. Could you please explain what the Midi Box do that a cable don’t?

I’ve got my pedals mounted in a way that obscures the USB jack. Could you please point me to which info for midi channels that is correct?

joecozzi
      Eventide Staff

Here’s a graphic showing the correct MIDI settingsMIDI.001

Tokyo tapes
      Participant

Thank you!!!

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.