Midi output with a controller

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Midi output with a controller

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      basslayer

I have the four factor pedals and a midi moose. Is it possible to send expression over midi while using the midi moose? The midi output of the pitchfactor will either allow me continuous control messages if it is set to transmit or the program control from the midi moose. I have seen elsewhere that a midi merger could help but I would like to know before I buy another piece of gear. My midi signal chain is as follows:

1. Midi moose

2. pitchfactor

3. space

4. modfactor

5. timefactor

6. rjm y-not

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

I'm not familiar with the Midi Moose, but on looking at it, I don't see an expression pedal. You should probably contact Tech21 for help.

The Eventide pedals can be set to MIDI THRU, which will allow MIDI commands to be sent down the chain but will not allow them individually  to send MIDI commands.

basslayer

If I merge the MIDI out from the Time Factor with the MIDI out from the Midi Moose into the Pitch Factor, connect the expression pedal to the Time Factor with its MIDI output set to Transmit, and keep the Pitch Factor MIDI output set to Thru, will expression control be sent down the chain?

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Yes. Note that you will have to set the MIDI channels of all the pedals to the same value for the pedal to work on all. This may complicate your use of the MIDI Moose as a controller.

basslayer

Okay. Thanks. I will get the MIDI Merge and see what if any issues I run into. Perhaps in the next firmware update there can be a way to allow the type of control I am describing (passing program changes from a controller while transmitting expression control) because many users would like to have access to more than two presets during a song and still want CC messages across MIDI.

basslayer

So the merge did not work at all. The expression won't transmit, regardless of what the midi outputs are set to. Are there any future firmware plans to address this issue? I know I am not the only user that also uses control pedals like the midi moose, and not being able to transmit expression while using and outside controller is extremely limiting.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.