Midi preset controller

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Midi preset controller

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      graasmin
      Participant

hello,

Hoping for some good insight.   I have been very frustrated with the BANK preset system in these pedals.  I would like to be able to switch presets in sequence with the push of a single button.  I haven't been able to figure out if a MIDI controller can switch in sequence rather than by the BANK system.  say I have a song that I uses three presets  and the changes between parts are instant.  if my presets are 1:1, 1:2 and 2:1, it is easy enough to switch from 1:1 to 1:2, but when I need to switch to 2:1 i need to hit two switch to get there.  For a lot of what I do, this is kind of impossible.  So my question is:

1.) can you switch presets in sequence with a MIDI controller?

I saw someone else on this forum talk about the Rocktron MIDI Exchange.  Would that do what I am asking?

I also was looking at pedalboard controllers such as  the Musicom – Efx MKIII.  This I am assuming would accomplish what I want as well by having midi control messages sent with each preset on the MKIII.

I particularly like something like the efxIII as it would allow me to
      set up presets for all of my pedals.  I use about 7 pedals right now including all three of the eventide stomboxes. 
      But for now I would be happy to find a way of being able to set up a
      series of presets on the Eventide boxes and scroll through them with one
      tap.

But I am a bit lost and could use any ideas that people might have. 

thanks in advance

Josh

ctc

The Rocktron Midi Exchange requires two button pushes to go to the next preset. it sounds like the Tech 21 Midi Mouse works the way you like to. I review both midi foot controllers in this forum here.

graasmin
      Participant

Thanks.  I had read your post already.  It's very helpful.  To be clear though, you auditioned it in a way that you could actively scroll through sounds without having to switch banks.  1:1 –> 1:2 –> 2:1, etc by just pressing the right button on the midi mouse?  When looking through the midi mapping options on the eventide, I haven't been convinced that it can handle that. 

furthermore, do you know of any of the pedel controllers out there such as the musicom mkIII or the voodlab ground control or the gig rig that would be able to accomplish the same idea accept that with each preset on the controller it would change presets on the eventide?  eg, preset 1 on the controller selects 3:1 on my Time FActor and 6:2 on my Pitch factor.  preset 2 on my controller selects 12:2 on my time factor and 4:1 on my Pitch Factor.  and so on….

thanks again.

ctc

graasmin:

To be clear though, you auditioned it in a way that you could actively scroll through sounds without having to switch banks.  1:1 –> 1:2 –> 2:1, etc by just pressing the right button on the midi mouse?

Yes.

graasmin:

furthermore, do you know of any of the pedel controllers out there such as the musicom mkIII or the voodlab ground control or the gig rig that would be able to accomplish the same idea accept that with each preset on the controller it would change presets on the eventide?  eg, preset 1 on the controller selects 3:1 on my Time FActor and 6:2 on my Pitch factor.  preset 2 on my controller selects 12:2 on my time factor and 4:1 on my Pitch Factor.  and so on….

I haven't tried any of those other controllers. The voodoo Lab ground control Pro seems like it does have that capability, but you are limited to the number of presets available by the number of buttons in a bank. To access more presets, you will have to change banks.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.