MIDI problem after recent firmware: Space is switching presets in bypassed mode

Home Forums Products Stompboxes MIDI problem after recent firmware: Space is switching presets in bypassed mode

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      josh517

I just updated my Eventide Space to 5.0.0 via H9 control. Since I've updated, it has been having trouble talking with my Disaster Area DMC-6D. Whenever I change presets via the DMC-6D, the Space does so in bypassed mode, not active. I'm using the same settings I was using prior to the update. This problem did not occur prior to the update. Any help would be much appreciated.

For example: I change a preset on the Space from the DMC-6 while the Space is active, the Space changes presets and then bypasses the preset.

Here are the MIDI settings on the Space (The DMC-6D recommends using channel 4 for the Space but it works just the same using channel 2):

RCV CHANNEL – 2
      RCV CTL  – Pedal        C42
                         TAP           C64
      RCV MAP – BYPASS   1
      CTL XMT – Off
      PGM XMT – Off
      OUTPUT – Thru
      MIDICLK IN – Off
      MEDICK OUT – Off
      CLK FILTER – Off 

Here are the MIDI Specifications for the DMC-6D as well as the recommended setting for the space.

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

The later software will load a preset bypassed if it was saved bypassed when using MIDI Program Change. Many people find this helpful.

You should try loading the preset manually, making it active, then saving it again.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.