MIDI settings wiped out on preset upload

Home Forums Products Stompboxes MIDI settings wiped out on preset upload

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 11 reply threads
  • Author
      ctc

I just downloaded all of my savings to the factorlib, modified a preset name, and reloaded it back to the factor. The new name is there!

Unfortunately, all of my midi settings are gone! Wiped out! Why?

zadmiral2

I experience the same issue with the timefactor. Makes preset changes time consuming.

achaput

Hi guys,

This could be a bug. We are looking into it and will keep you updated. Thanks for your patience!

Alan

neo84

I can confirm this too. I even mailed with eventide support about this issue and the replay was "never heard of this issue". Great that I do now know that it's not my fault Cool

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

We're looking into this problem. Some questions:

1) Are you using PC or Mac ?

2) What PC or Mac OS are you using ?

3) Is it possible that you disconnected or powered down the 'Factor while FactorLib was still running ?

ctc

Windows 7 64-bit

Touching or bumping the Eventide adapter's barrel power jack will cause the TimeFactor to lose power and shut down. I know this has happened while connected to the computer. As for if it has ever happened while when connected to the factor Lib I can't say. But I can say that it does not happen every time I upload presets to the TimeFactor and wipe out it's midi settings.

chandl3r

So, is there a way to resolve this ? 

I have the same problem and it's really annoying ! I have to reset my tap tempo to CC64 and RCV CH to omni every time i want to save a preset.

I'd like to change all the CC numbers for all the presets, but since it's probably gonna take an afternoon just to do that, I'd really like if it wasn't erased with a preset save…

neo84

Any news to this? I need to reorder my presets and don't want to do all the midi config from scratch after that 🙁

luedmo
      Participant

I have the same problem.

I use Sysex Librarian – an app to save MIDI (System) as well as ALL (presets & System) as a backup for the backup (FactorLib) should work OK. It's another step, but it's at least forwards.

http://www.snoize.com/SysExLibrarian/

With ver 1.8 I also have a new Factorlib dialogue pestering me to "Check Config". Is there a previous version we can use? Praps the tech-folks can advise us…

ta!

:Lu

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

I think the "Check Config" message is there because there is a MIDI problem of some kind and it can't see the 'Factor. It's not just there to be annoying, although it may function well in this role.

neo84

Could you please give an update on this matter? One year has passed and I have still the same issues when changing presets via factorlib.

ctc

It is still a pain in the app for me too. As Bill Murray said in Caddy Shack "How about a little something, you know, for the effort?"

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.