midi setup

Home Forums Products Stompboxes midi setup

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      anth

i have pitchfactor, modfactor and timefactor. i have a roland fc-50 that i want to use to setup to change presets within the stompboxes i.e. midi patch 1 is pitchfactor tuner, midi patch 2 is all boxes bypassed, midi patch 3 is dly bank 2, no mod, no pitch, midi patch 4 is dly bank 4, bank 2 chorus, no pitch, midi 5 is no dly, no mod, bank 5 octave down etc etc

So for a song i can hit one midi button and get different banks active within the different stompboxes . Can this be acheived and how? I tried looking for info on this but couldnt find.

ctc

Yes, I don't know the capabilities of the Roland , but if it can program multiple cc messages (at least 3) on different channels(at least 3)per preset. Then set each Factor to listen on it's own channel and program each preset with the 3 corresponding cc's and channels depending upon what you want each Factor to do.

anth

is there any info available on how to do this though?

guitarlesson

There is an alternate route to your goal than ctcs advice. That is, instead of setting each factor to thier own channel, set them all to listen to the same channel, sending out simple "program 1, program 2, program 3" messages, and tell each pedal how they should interpret those program change messages in the MIDI map. So "program change 1" will send the ModFactor to 6:1, while the same message on the same channel will send the TimeFactor to 4:2. I do it this way for two reasons. #1, the interface on my controller is more cumbersome and less intuitive than the MIDI map interface in the factor pedals, and #2, I notice an ever so slight latency, or delay, between the commands sent out by my foot controller, whereas when the factors listen for the same channel, the changes are completely in sync.

I don't know how the tuner works in the PF, so I cannot comment too much, but suppose I would do it in a similar way. Send out a CC message and tell each factor how to interpret that message. Then "CC 19" (or whatever you want to send out) can mean "Tuner" to the PF, while meaning "Bypass" to everything else.

ctc

Eventide authored a detailed manual that explains how to program their devices. The manufacturer of your midi controller should have the same.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.