Midi switching for all 3 boxes

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Midi switching for all 3 boxes

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      konstantine3

Is there a midi switcher that can controll all three stompboxes from my pedalboard?  I dont know much about Midi but Im sick of tiptoe through the pedals dancing

thanks

achaput

Hi Konstantine,

Did you know you can use one Factor Pedal to control all three? Just get two MIDI cables and connect the pedals this way:

[MASTER] MIDI OUT/THRU (set to OUT)

>[SLAVE1] MIDI IN

[SLAVE1] MIDI OUT/THRU (set to THRU)

>[SLAVE2] MIDI IN

In the MIDI Menu of the pedal you want to be the [MASTER], set PGM XMT to ON.

Now when you change presets on the MASTER pedal, it will also change presets on the other two pedals.

konstantine3

ok so if I have the TF in killdry – and the MF and PF in DSP both sets in different loops…. will the killdry still mute the other pedals?

I know nothing of MIDI but I will try this out tonight!  Gotta find the two midi cables I own (thank god they are red! lol

achaput

The Killdry functionality should be the same as it is in your setup currently.

konstantine3

Well I just ordered 2 right angled MIDI cables so Im looking forward to trying this. Get ready for a few more questions though when I go for my first attempt… These boxes are intimidating enough without the midi lol

konstantine3

One last question…..

would I still need 3 expression pedals for 3 eventide stompboxes once I Midi these things together?

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

As long as it does not cause a ground loop you can connect one expression pedal to all 3.

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.