Midi switching P/B mode

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Midi switching P/B mode

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      fkalich
      Participant

Hi:  I ran through the Eventide tutorials those worked fine for setting up tempo, bank switching, and expression pedal for my three Eventide pedals over Midi. 

I would like to use the master to switch all three from Bank to Play mode and visa versa.  Can someone tell me how.

Also beyond that, is there a more user friendly source of info than the user guides for using Midi on Eventide?  The youtube videos were nice. But trying to figure things out with the owner's manuals, wow.  I ended up having to reinitialize all three pedals, screwing up who knows what.  The manual is pretty cryptic in this regard, certainly to anyone new to Midi.  Or so it seems to me.

Thanks!

Frank

achaput

Hi Frank,

The way to switch between Bank/Play mode on all three over MIDI requires an aux switch.

Connect an aux switch to the master stompbox and assign one of the aux switch buttons (TIP, RING or T+R)  to change Bank/Play mode. This is done in the AUX SW menu of System mode.

Then in the MIDI menu of the master pedal, go to XMT CC. In the left column find the aux switch that you just assigned (either TIP, RING or T+R) and in the right column select a MIDI CC that you'd like to transmit this message on. 

On the slave stompboxes go to the MIDI / RCV CTL menu and assign P/B (Play/Bank) to the same MIDI CC number that you just set on the master.

Glad you found the videos helpful. There isn't currently any more MIDI documentation for the Eventide pedals but there is a wealth of MIDI info on the web. Since MIDI is a standard protocol the MIDI tips and tricks to be found can be applied to most all MIDI gear, including Eventide stompboxes.

-Alan

fkalich
      Participant

Thanks.  Sorry about whining about Midi documentation.  You have the finest products out there, by a long shot.  Only thing, a person should not buy am Eventide pedal, unless they pretty much accept it won't stop there.  Sort of like helping out a stray cat, don't start, unless you are willing to accept the inevitable (that is how I ended up with 8 cats, and now all three Eventide pedals).

achaput

fkalich:

Sort of like helping out a stray cat, don't start, unless you are willing to accept the inevitable (that is how I ended up with 8 cats, and now all three Eventide pedals).

LOL

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.