midi sync h9 with disaster area designs smartclock, sync issues/playing

Home Forums Products Stompboxes midi sync h9 with disaster area designs smartclock, sync issues/playing

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      aliengtr
      Participant

question

hey, I am using a disasterarea design smartclock with h9 to sync via midi clock. Its working fine, but I am wondering if I should be setting my smartclock after the decimal point to something other than zero to  get most accurate sync? in other words 120.9 or 120.8 instead of 120.0 to get a sync of 120bpm

sync issues/playing

by the way, I also discovered that to get a tight sync you have to play on time which is hard to do consistantly. I found that a metronome into headphones only you can hear solves this playing dillema or my playing drifs a bit and effects the sync quality which I innitially blamed on the gear lol.its kind of like training wheels……here is a video I did using h9 midi sync but notice how not always in sync do to my playing sadly. I just discoverd how much easier it is to sync playing if I hear a metronome or drum beat tonight,so going forward wil do this.I hear it in headphones but not in recording / public doesnt hear it.One day I hope to not need this,but for now it helps a great deal……

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9gs3JpvwtpM

Denis

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.