Mix control vs. intensity

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Mix control vs. intensity

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      GtrWiz

I'm wondering why y'all chose intensity over mix control on the modfactor? To me, Mix would be way more helpful to fine tune the sounds… Anyone else?

DGillespie
      Eventide Staff

Hi GtrWiz,

The reason we went with Intensity over Mix is that not all of these effects lend themselves to a mix control. For instance Mix would be redundant on Tremolo where it would do the same thing as Depth. It would also screw up the Rotary and do unexpected things with the Wah. Which effects do you wish you had a mix control on?

Dan

GtrWiz

Thanks for the reply Dan, 

Not being a designer type, I really have no idea how this affects things, but basically I  like to mix in the original signal to my effects. Keeps it more organic sounding. I can see how it might not be useful to things like tremolo, but I've had great results with other effects like Phasers, and choruses set for leslie type effects. Why would it screw up the rotary?

I'm starting to wonder if I can get similar results using the KillDry with it in my fx loop… Not quite sure how all that works, I've always been one to run effects to the front end of a clean amp.  

Chris

PS, did y'all know what you were getting yourselves into when you decided to get into stompboxes? 🙂 

merlin17
      Participant

I like to control mix relations of modulation FX with a controller pedal, but as it is now (unless I'm missing something?) I can't do that with most FX in Modfactor (Chorus and Phaser are the most obvious), because when I set Intensity (and and even depth) to zero there's still heavy comb filtering going on, that's not good…

Peter

DGillespie
      Eventide Staff

Hi Peter,

Are you running in a amp with a parallel effects loop? That may explain the comb filtering and is something we should fix.

Dan

DGillespie
      Eventide Staff

Adding a pure wet/dry mix control to the rotary effect can give it a sound more like that of a flanger.

Dan

merlin17
      Participant

Dan, no, I'm using it between my guitar and my amp.
      I've checked again – with the chorus and the trem it works perfectly, but when I set flanger or phaser intensity and depth to 0 there's still modulation (and maybe comb filtering) going on…

BTW: I just installed a Roland EV-5 Expression Pedal, is it normal that there's a slight delay in response when controlling the MF with it?

BTW2: Is it possible to add the classic Eventide Micropitchshift algo to the MF in a future update?
      That would be awesome and may solve all the chorus problems… 😉

Regards,
      Peter

DGillespie
      Eventide Staff

Hi Peter,

Sorry for the delay in responding.  In Flanger and
      Phaser the Intensity knob controls the feedback not the mix.  This
      would be like an MXR pedal where you kick it on or off but there is no
      specific mix control for the pedal.

There shouldn't be too much
      delay with the expression pedal, but there probably is a very slight
      delay.  What are you controling with it?

I'm still looking into
      what to add to fill out peoples chorus requests and will get something
      in there.  I want to get TimeFactor V2 final and out first though so it
      may be a little bit still.

Thanks,

Dan

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.