Mix control

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Mix control

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      JNPMusic

I'm having an issue with my TF . It seems like I'm losing the direct signal too early. Maybe I'm running it the wrong way but all my mixes seem to be between 5-10 and any thing over that starts to drown out the direct signal. Running it in the effects loop.

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Make sure KILLDRY is off, and MIX is high.

Otherwise, contact support@eventide.com, giving your software version number and more information as to how the TF is connected, along with a better description of the problem.

JNPMusic

Hi,

Yes killdry is off but what do you mean by mix is high?

Thanks for the reply…

JP

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Sorry to be unclear – I meant the MIX knob, top left.

JNPMusic

But that's my problem. If I turn the mix control up over 10-15% I start to lose the direct sound. It would be nice if it would have a less gradual mix since it goes to 100%  anything over 15 and my mix gets to wet. 

achaput

Hi there,

Is your amp's effects loop a parallel or series type? Some amps have a switch that lets you choose either way, while other amps are hardwired one way or the other.

JNPMusic

It's a series loop with controls. Mesa/Stiletto. 

achaput

OK, with a series loop the amp can compress the wet and dry signal together depending on how much gain you use and how much power tube saturation takes place. The more compression that occurs, the less range will be audible between dry and wet on the mix knob. One way to overcome this is to use another amp for the wet effects, ie a wet/dry setup.

In your setup now, as long as it sounds the way you want there's no need to worry about how low the mix knob values are.

JNPMusic

OK, That sounds good… It doesn't sound bad at all, it just seemed odd that the mix would be set that Low and I thought there might be something I'm doing wrong…..

Thanks for the help!

JP

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.