MIX Parameter on H90 Screen

Home Forums Products Stompboxes MIX Parameter on H90 Screen

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      rck
      Participant

I noticed when I assign the MIX of a Preset to Quick Knob 1 (far left side) that makes seeing that Parameter being adjusted by an Expression pedal for example visible, which I use for reference. Is this universally true and the (best) method to do so?

I don’t make many niggles but I liked the H9 screen and how large the MIX Parameter was displayed while the value was being adjusted with an Expression pedal on that unit vs. the H90. Is that something Eventide could maybe implement in a future update?

tbskoglund
      Eventide Staff

This is correct. If a parameter is assigned to a Quick Knob and also mapped an expression pedal, then you will see that parameter being adjusted from the UI when you move the expression pedal.

Can you be more specific about your request? You would like there to be a larger indicator on the screen that shows the mix parameter value when being adjusted from an expression pedal?

rck
      Participant

This is correct. If a parameter is assigned to a Quick Knob and also mapped an expression pedal, then you will see that parameter being adjusted from the UI when you move the expression pedal. Can you be more specific about your request? You would like there to be a larger indicator on the screen that shows the mix parameter value when being adjusted from an expression pedal?

Yes, exactly: I would like there to be a larger indicator on the screen that shows the mix parameter value when being adjusted from an expression pedal. OR maybe whatever value is assigned to Quick Knob 1 or far left Quick Knob to be enlarged on the screen so that could variable and more beneficial.

-thank you again!

tbskoglund
        Eventide Staff

Thanks for clarifying.

Do you always use the expression pedal for controlling the mix of a Preset? One way you could go about this would be mapping your expression pedal to the HotKnob, and then mapping the mix parameter to the HotKnob. Now, when you adjust the expression pedal, the HotKnob bar will indicate your mix level, which is a much larger display than the Quick Knob.

You can also create a global mapping so the expression pedal always controls the HotKnob, and you’ll just need to map the mix parameters of your Programs to the HotKnob – https://cdn.eventideaudio.com/manuals/h90/1.3.0/content/appendix/global.html

rck
      Participant

Thanks for clarifying. Do you always use the expression pedal for controlling the mix of a Preset? One way you could go about this would be mapping your expression pedal to the HotKnob, and then mapping the mix parameter to the HotKnob. Now, when you adjust the expression pedal, the HotKnob bar will indicate your mix level, which is a much larger display than the Quick Knob. You can also create a global mapping so the expression pedal always controls the HotKnob, and you’ll just need to map the mix parameters of your Programs to the HotKnob – https://cdn.eventideaudio.com/manuals/h90/1.3.0/content/appendix/global.html

That’s a good suggestion. I did that and followed instructions, I believe. The HOTKNOB “meter” or bar doesn’t appear until I press the PERFORM button/wheel regardless of me adjusting the Expression pedal, is that normal behavior or is there a way to program the HOTKNOB “meter” where it will appear as soon as I adjust the Expression pedal?

tbskoglund
      Eventide Staff

That’s normal behavior, the HotKnob will always be displayed in Perform mode. In Select Mode, it will only be displayed when you adjust it using the knob itself, not an external controller. Sorry if that was confusing.

rck
      Participant

That’s normal behavior, the HotKnob will always be displayed in Perform mode. In Select Mode, it will only be displayed when you adjust it using the knob itself, not an external controller. Sorry if that was confusing.

Thanks, no worries, I figured it out fairly quickly. I’ll give this method a shot and see what I think of the workflow.

Please pass on my request for the variable parameter to be enlarged on the display when adjusted by Expression control. I know that may be a big ask for the programming and all. The display on the H9 was very nice at that from a practical and performance perspective and I do like the design of the H90 itself. There is a lot of onboard functionality for its small footprint.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.