Mixed algorithms

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Mixed algorithms

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      bansta
      Participant

The most often used mixed algorithms are DELAY + REVERB. So it would be nice to have more of those combinations as an algorythm. For example:

TAPE DELAY + PLATE REVERB

VINTAGE DELAY + SPRING REVERB 

DIGITAL DELAY + ROOM REVERB

and so on.

llemtt
      Participant

+1

Also combinations of modulation + delay/reverb:

FLANGER + DELAY

CHORUS + DELAY

FLANGER + REVERB

take old Lexicon mpx100-500 series as a reference for “dual” effects, they’ll cover almost all everyone needs!

bohan
      Eventide Staff

Have you guys tried SpaceTime, Mod Delay, and ModEchoVerb algoriothms? They can do some of the combinations you guys mentioned.

bansta
        Participant

I have two H9. One device is being used for delays and reverberation, another one for modulation and special effects.

Yes, I’m using SpaceTime a lot but this algo has to few tweaking possibilities. I would rather prefer to have delay + reverb only (without modulation) but with all controls activated.

bohan wrote:

Have you guys tried SpaceTime, Mod Delay, and ModEchoVerb algoriothms? They can do some of the combinations you guys mentioned.

llemtt
        Participant
        bohan wrote:

Yes, already tried SpaceTime and ModEchoVerb but they offer too few parameters to control each (sub)effect to be useful to me:

if for instance I want a tzf into a pingpong delay a FLANGER/PINGPONG with 3-4 parameters to control the flanger and the remaining parameters dedicated to the delay could be ok.

A “simpler” dual-effect algo but with more control would be better than three-effect ModEchoVerb (too much “reverb” based). I love Spring which actually is TREMOLO/REVERB.

Consider then that you can easily build a lot of dual-effect out of your existing algos and SELL each as a different one…

You mentioned also ModDelay but it’s not clear to me how to use it as a dual-effect?

thanks

apalazzolo
        Participant
        llemtt wrote:

bohan wrote:

Yes, already tried SpaceTime and ModEchoVerb but they offer too few parameters to control each (sub)effect to be useful to me:

if for instance I want a tzf into a pingpong delay a FLANGER/PINGPONG with 3-4 parameters to control the flanger and the remaining parameters dedicated to the delay could be ok.

A “simpler” dual-effect algo but with more control would be better than three-effect ModEchoVerb (too much “reverb” based). I love Spring which actually is TREMOLO/REVERB.

Consider then that you can easily build a lot of dual-effect out of your existing algos and SELL each as a different one…

You mentioned also ModDelay but it’s not clear to me how to use it as a dual-effect?

thanks

mod delay: i think he is referring to the second post in this thread.

in mod delay, the top row of controls are for the dual delay.   the bottom row is for a modulated effect (chorus or flange).

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.