Mixing Link Clarification

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Mixing Link Clarification

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Bardofnone

Hey y’all! Does anyone know if the eventide mixing link functions as a preamp for pickups as well? I see it has a line in because of the combo jack, but haven’t seen anyone use it in demos or seen it mentioned in reviews. I’m interested in this pedal because I play wind instruments and a small stringed instrument that has a pickup inside. My goal is to use the mixing link with my pickup when I’m not using it with a condenser microphone for the wind instruments.

(For reference I have a Schertler Bluestick pickup)

Sorry if its a dumb question, there’s no local seller near me to try it or ask about it.

joecozzi
      Eventide Staff
      Bardofnone wrote:
      Does anyone know if the eventide mixing link functions as a preamp for pickups as well?

Yes, it most certainly does! On the right side of the stompbox there’s a high impedance (Hi-Z) instrument input jack to connect instruments, and other unbalanced signals. There’s also a GAIN button that changes the total gain range of the Input Gain knob by ~22dB.

Button In = LO gain. Line level signals (keyboards, bass).
      Button Out = HI gain. Microphones, electric guitars and other low output instruments.

Bardofnone

Perfect! Thank you for the speedy reply.  So does this mean that after plugging in an instrument from the right side, I can utilize the same fx loop that the vocal mic on top would be going through?

joecozzi
      Eventide Staff

Yes, the signal gets routed to the effects loop as well.

By the way, you may connect a microphone and instrument to MixingLink simultaneously. Just be aware that when you insert a plug into the INST IN jack the input to the MIC pre-amp is mixed with the MIC/LINE input and the GAIN control act on both INST and MIC/LINE inputs simultaneously.

Bardofnone

I see, good to know! I really appreciate your help on this. I think you’ve just solidified what my next piece of gear is going to be. 🙂 Have a wonderful day!

Bardofnone

I see, good to know! I really appreciate your help on this. I think you’ve just solidified what my next piece of gear will be. Have a wonderful day!

Telesputnick
      Participant

Problem is, you may need to put the unique gain knob differently for the microphone and for the at the same time plugged in instrument.

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.