MIXING LINK MKII update please…

Home Forums Products Stompboxes MIXING LINK MKII update please…

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      Stax_911
      Participant

Hello,

I really dig my MIxing Link. As saxophonist it opens me to the word of guitar effects and I love it.

But it has also it’s “missing link”, features that I really need in my setup…

I read several messages from Eventide in this forum talking about a Mixing Link MKII. Do you have a schedule for an update ?

I am sure you have your ideas. But here’s my needs and advices to create a real supernice Mixing Link MKII :

Stereo out : high headroom stereo return and hi level out

Ability to set separatly the level of the two IN (XLR and instrument JACK)

EQ functions as in the Radial Voco Loco

Expression or volume pedal IN to control the OUT VOLUME or the MIX setting

I am sure other MXLK users have good ideas too. So express yourself !

mistercharlie
      Participant

I don’t need EQ — I have EQ pedals for that. But I’d love stereo. And easier-to-read labels on the knobs and buttons.

Stax_911
        Participant
        mistercharlie wrote:
        I don’t need EQ — I have EQ pedals for that. But I’d love stereo. And easier-to-read labels on the knobs and buttons.

Yeah, I have an EQ pedal too, I set it at the end of my pedal chain just before my reverb. But I would love to have one also at the very beginning of my signal chain  😉

joecozzi
      Eventide Staff
      Stax_911 wrote:

Stereo out : high headroom stereo return and hi level out

Let see if I understand you correctly. You would like to see a stereo effects return as well as stereo main outs? Would a stereo TRS output be enough or would you require dual XLR?

Given that the ML provides a portal to an existing pedal setup (that may include an EQ pedal), it may be overkill to include it on this product. Regardless, what would you consider to be a functional EQ for your purpose in this case?

Are you concerned about a potential MixingLink v2 with these options increasing in size considerably?

mistercharlie
      Participant

I’d prefer TRS stereo, to keep things small. One of the Mixing Link’s best features is that it fits on a pedalboard.

I’d also request a (class compliant) USB port, to hook up to a computer/iPad etc. It could do the job that the headphone jack does now.

joecozzi
        Eventide Staff
        mistercharlie wrote:
        I’d also request a (class compliant) USB port, to hook up to a computer/iPad etc. It could do the job that the headphone jack does now.

With such a USB port, what functionality are you hoping to get out of the ML? Do you want this to act as a recording interface?

mistercharlie
        Participant
        joecozzi wrote:
        mistercharlie wrote:

With such a USB port, what functionality are you hoping to get out of the ML? Do you want this to act as a recording interface?

Yes, exactly that. A recording interface, but also a way to insert external effects.

I believe it’s currently possible to insert effects from an iPad amp sim, say, using a trs cable with the mini jack socket on the current Mixing Link.

The Orange OMEC Teleport does this:

OMEC Teleport

brysava
      Participant

I’d love to see a version of the Mixing Link mic pre for the expansion slots of the H9000. I think someone from Eventide mentioned that was something they were looking at. OR partner with Rupert Neve Designs and make a whole Shelford Channel for the H9000’s expansion slots! (mic pre, eq, compressor, etc.)

Stax_911
      Participant

Ok, I aggry the EQ could be optional, but the stereo output is a real need. I don’t know the technical detail but something that allow to use stereo stompbox (H9, modfactor, timefactor…) in the loop and to send a stereo signal to a PA or an amp. 

And yes ! The size is an important point. ML must stay discret on the pedalboard.

USB could be interesting to use it with an ipad, but for me it’s not a game changer. 

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Be aware that adding a USB port to a unit without  a suitable CPU will add at least $100 to the cost, and that there are many other units that already have this.

Stax_911
      Participant

Yeah, thank you for theses answers. But my very first question was : do you have schedule for an update ?

Or is it out from yours projects ?

Stax_911
        Participant
        Stax_911 wrote:

Yeah, thank you for theses answers. But my very first question was : do you have schedule for an update ?

Or is it out from yours projects ?

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Sorry – we don't announce future products until they are released.

The same applies to future non-products.

But, your interest is appreciated …

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.